Planning thread: Arrsers do Amsterdam?

Would you like to volunteer for Op. Market Hardon?

  • Yes - April-June

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes - July-Sept

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes - Oct-Dec

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes - Whenever

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, this mission is too dangerous for mere mortals

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0
#1
It has been decided by the Arrse delegation in chat that I, as the man "In Country", should canvas opinion for interest in an Arrse Amsterdam event, hereinafter referred to as "Op. Market Hardon" [thanks Cuts]. The codename for the target location is "Arrserdam".

What Op. Market Hardon will have to offer is opportunities in the following areas:

Cheap flights to Schipol from just about everywhere,
Cheap booze,
Cheap accom,
Whores,
Legal drugs,
Opportunity of a co-ed private floorshow,
And cheese. Lots of cheese. And maybe some potatoes. And toasties. With Fritessauce. And 6' tall women. Yes, lots of them...

What we need to do is suggest a relevant date for the Op - please fill in the poll. Please don't click 'yes' in the poll if you don't want to come! Once we have an interest, we can then plan the finer points of exactly when.
 
#2
Like the idea.

Late Sept sounds good to me.
 
B

Biscuits_AB

Guest
#4
Just keep the scouser away from Central Station.......there's enough pickpockets there as it is, without some ex kingo muscling in on thier turf.
 
#6
tip top idea ! its only 20 euros return from my loc and im sure that when some of the other arrsers are off exercise many more will volunteer!!
 

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
#7
How about linking it to the Arnhem commeration ?

Mighty-Do-Mincer and Aunty 'Fablon Fanny' Stella managed to heve a decent time in the 'dam, and also pay respects to those who deserve it.
Alternatively if prior to Arnhem it could be a recce for the major binge for the veterans.

Just an idea, please kick it around for a bit until it assumes a useable shape.
 
#8
Sounds good to me!

I'll go Gypo Airlines with Dan!

latter part of the year fine dont really mind when.

Be good to be able to book far in advance though to make the most of gypo airline prices!!!
 
#11
OK, so it seems that July-Sept is going to be promising. When this has run its course a Mk2 thread will be set up where the fine-tuning can be done. I'll also set up an e-mail address for the op.
 
#14
Cutaway said:
How about linking it to the Arnhem commeration ?

Mighty-Do-Mincer and Aunty 'Fablon Fanny' Stella managed to heve a decent time in the 'dam, and also pay respects to those who deserve it.
Alternatively if prior to Arnhem it could be a recce for the major binge for the veterans.

Just an idea, please kick it around for a bit until it assumes a useable shape.
They did; they spent most of their time in a paraplegic whorehouse... :D
 
#15
DozyBint said:
Awol said:
DozyBint said:
June or December & I'm in!

Awol said:
I'm in. Will drive too, if anyone from the south wants a lift.
South *where* Awol?
Singapore you dozy bint. Bloody long drive, but someone did mention beer.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks Awol! I'm going to be in London / Kent in June...
Okay, I'll give you a lift, but I warn you now, I won't have sex with you.








Unless you say please....
 
#16
Awol said:
DozyBint said:
Awol said:
DozyBint said:
June or December & I'm in!

Awol said:
I'm in. Will drive too, if anyone from the south wants a lift.
South *where* Awol?
Singapore you dozy bint. Bloody long drive, but someone did mention beer.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks Awol! I'm going to be in London / Kent in June...
Okay, I'll give you a lift, but I warn you now, I won't have sex with you.








Unless you say please....
Next you'll be wanting me to flutter my eyelashes... :roll: Sheesh! :lol:
 
#17
Just an idea:

But the Train goes from Liverpool st to Harwich and then the fast boat to Hook! With this ticket you get a return to any station in Holland on the train? I used it last year cost around £45rtn, You do not need to go from London but just get ferry from Harwich. Also used some little hostel in the Dam cheap as chips near Teasers which is just a short skip and jump from the train station.
 
#19
Any more for any more???
 
#20
WARDODGER said:
Just an idea:

But the Train goes from Liverpool st to Harwich and then the fast boat to Hook! With this ticket you get a return to any station in Holland on the train? I used it last year cost around £45rtn, You do not need to go from London but just get ferry from Harwich. Also used some little hostel in the Dam cheap as chips near Teasers which is just a short skip and jump from the train station.
Just dont arrive at Harwich early and have to spend any time there. Its my home town and to say its a toilet is being kind.

The fast ferry is excellent, with an good bar. Used to use it all the time when i was stationed in Bruggen.

Boney
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top