Planning thread: Arrsers do Amsterdam?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by stoatman, Mar 8, 2005.

1. Yes - April-June

2. Yes - July-Sept

3. Yes - Oct-Dec

4. Yes - Whenever

5. No, this mission is too dangerous for mere mortals

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It has been decided by the Arrse delegation in chat that I, as the man "In Country", should canvas opinion for interest in an Arrse Amsterdam event, hereinafter referred to as "Op. Market Hardon" [thanks Cuts]. The codename for the target location is "Arrserdam".

What Op. Market Hardon will have to offer is opportunities in the following areas:

Cheap flights to Schipol from just about everywhere,
    Cheap booze,
    Cheap accom,
    Legal drugs,
    Opportunity of a co-ed private floorshow,
    And cheese. Lots of cheese. And maybe some potatoes. And toasties. With Fritessauce. And 6' tall women. Yes, lots of them...

What we need to do is suggest a relevant date for the Op - please fill in the poll. Please don't click 'yes' in the poll if you don't want to come! Once we have an interest, we can then plan the finer points of exactly when.
  2. Like the idea.

Late Sept sounds good to me.
  3. Lovin the idea... I can get Gypo airlines from Liverpool :D
  4. Just keep the scouser away from Central Station.......there's enough pickpockets there as it is, without some ex kingo muscling in on thier turf.
  5. B

6. tip top idea ! its only 20 euros return from my loc and im sure that when some of the other arrsers are off exercise many more will volunteer!!
  7. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

How about linking it to the Arnhem commeration ?

Mighty-Do-Mincer and Aunty 'Fablon Fanny' Stella managed to heve a decent time in the 'dam, and also pay respects to those who deserve it.
    Alternatively if prior to Arnhem it could be a recce for the major binge for the veterans.

Just an idea, please kick it around for a bit until it assumes a useable shape.
  8. Sounds good to me!

I'll go Gypo Airlines with Dan!

latter part of the year fine dont really mind when.

Be good to be able to book far in advance though to make the most of gypo airline prices!!!
  9. I'm in. Will drive too, if anyone from the south wants a lift.
  10. June or December & I'm in!

South *where* Awol?
  11. OK, so it seems that July-Sept is going to be promising. When this has run its course a Mk2 thread will be set up where the fine-tuning can be done. I'll also set up an e-mail address for the op.
  12. Singapore you dozy bint. Bloody long drive, but someone did mention beer.
  13. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Thanks Awol! I'm going to be in London / Kent in June...
  14. They did; they spent most of their time in a paraplegic whorehouse... :D
  15. Okay, I'll give you a lift, but I warn you now, I won't have sex with you.

Unless you say please....