Planning my last few years and resettlement

Discussion in 'Education and Resettlement Courses' started by bitterandtwisted, Oct 28, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys, I have read the various threads on NEBOSH and IT. I'm ex SPS and just coming to the cusp of completeing the end of my EDCL, I have 4 years to go.

This is the plan - I will be emigrating to SE asia as zero alpha is from there.

There is offshore and onshore work availible there with one of the big Oil players, also I have business administration Level 2 NVQ and a Business management diploma. Been a SNCO for some 6 years new (I know means **** all in civvy st.).

So basically, I bow to all your knowledge and advice where you think I should be going, to be honest I am shitting my pants, as I left many years ago and found it very daunting - but the difference is I didnt plan, and I dont want this to happen this time.

I am looking at the grand scheme of employability here :

1. First Question - where commerically and financially should I go after as a stepping stone owards after ECDL, in the IT world with a view to support a major oil company?

2. Second Question -Also I would like to study NEBOSH (international) preferably Distance learning, so I can smash it while I am in, it's just as an area that I can fall back on if no sucess in the IT support side. I have noted from the recommendations it is hard to do by Distance Learning.

I have read the various threads but just after a bit more juice and recommendations.

Looking forward to your help and will keep you updated, cheers in advance ladies and gents

Edited to add please wang me a PM if you can help in anyway!

Bitter