Planning AT for a Bunch O' Clerks

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by AlphaRomeo184, Jan 26, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I’m in much need of an SJAR moment, so I’ve bravely volunteered to plan this years AT, we have only just come back from an awesome weeks Skiing in Les Contamines. We are based in Wales so don’t particularly want to do AT here. I was just wondering if you guys had any recommendations? Much appreciated!

2. Rothiemurchas lodge in the Cairngorms, pretty good in the summer. All depends if your AT budget is being cut i suppose!

3. Close by is the lodge at Kinguisse. Right next to Aviemore and on the doorstep of the Cairngorms. Slightly further South, Carlisle Castle will be able to put you up. There's a Cadet HQ there with excellent facilities ... and right near the town centre.

4. PM sent.

Tra la la (just to make it 10 characters).

5. I've sent a PM about surfing at Scarborough, but then again, what about gliding at Upavon?

6. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Alpha,

give us the word on this thread?
    eg
    RESORT:
    TRAVELLED WITH:
    FLIGHT:
    COST APPROX (ALL UP):
    CONDITIONS
    COMMENT/LESSONS IDENTIFIED:

good luck with the AT planning.

Goats

7. Thanks for the help everyone! If only the RAO would just let us buy into a package, but we have to take our own instructors and equipment!

8. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Well what instructors and kit do you have access to?

9. How about doing the Lyke Wake Walk, or the classic Hadrian's Wall, cheap and cheerful activities

10. Two good sunshine site are: Jersey - bivy site with facilities on the beach POC: RE (Royal Monmouthshire Engineers) a TA unit
    or Tregantle Fort near Plymouth lots of good venues and kit is possible through RN AT stores at HMS Drake in Plymouth.

11. Clerks!!! I'd take them workshy shineyarses clam digging in Morcambe bay. No tide tables, no pack drill.........

12. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

If it's bearded clams you are on about then count me in. If not then I'm doing my nails that week.