Planets tonight

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by EX_STAB, May 24, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Looking out the window tonight I noticed a bright light in the sky. When I got my spotting scope onto it it looked really bright and appeared to have a pinpoint of light to the right and three to the left. At first I though this was internal reflection in the scope but they seemed really consistent. Anyway, to cut a long story short, I checked it out and it's the planet Jupiter with its four moons, Io to the west and then Europa, Ganymede and Calisto to the east. If you are in UK and the sky is clear, look slightly east of South, about eight fingers above the horizon and you should spot it. Even with good binoculars it looks sharp.

Well I found it exciting and interesting, hope you do too.

Here's a link about identifying the moons:
    http://skytonight.com/observing/objects/planets/3307071.html?page=2&c=y#

2. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

All these worlds are yours, exept Europa. Attempt no landing there.

Use them together.

Use them in Peace.

3. STABBY, with all due respect, mate, really, but it's Friday afternoon knocking-off time. D'you honestly believe people are going to go around looking for fückin' planets? :D :D :D

MsG

4. It was Thursday night when he posted it.

5. Well spotted Onetap, cheers!

Anyway Bugsy, just think of the extra pulling potential when you've managed to walk some lass home and you can say:

"See that brighter one there? That's Venus. Named after the goddess of love. :hug: I'm hoping to see Uranus later."

6. I tried that line once and ended up seeing stars. :sunny:

7. Oh no , this'll end up in the "black"hole at this rate , not before someone has been given a taste of orions belt .

WW
    hang's head in shame.