Plane Stupid

I think they have a fair point, the manner in which government has bulldozed the consultation thought and with the help of BAA, they WILL build runway three!

Little surprise that in under a month terminal 5 opens, what's the point of having the new terminal and still only having two runways?

And what better place to have a pock at this government, than sitting, or standing on their heards so to speak.

Was there anyone from ARSSE with them?

from the BBC web Site
Anti-Heathrow expansion protesters have climbed on to the roof of the Houses of Parliament.
At least five people are on the roof of the part of the building which houses the Parliamentary press gallery, next to Big Ben.

The people on the roof unfurled banners including one saying "No 3rd runway at Heathrow".

The incident comes two days after a similar protest when banners were draped over a plane at Heathrow.

The protesters said they had gained access to Parliament's roof using visitor passes to get into the building and then via a fire escape.

The protesters, who have been throwing paper planes off the roof, have been joined by police.

The protest will raise fresh questions over security at the Houses of Parliament.

The buildings have been subject to increasingly tight security measures in recent years because of the threat of terrorist attack.

Security had also been reviewed and stepped up after previous protests, including a fathers' rights group throwing purple powder at then prime minister Tony Blair, and anti-fox hunting protesters entering the Commons.

Targets will fall when hit...at the eco-warrior/potential terrorists to your front, go on.

Oh and tell the Commons Director of Security he is fekkin well fired, useless knut

Have to agree with the protestors on this one. The Heathrow site is pretty much full and trying to cram more aircraft into an already saturated airspace isn't going to help even with a Third runway. The surrounding roads etc are still going to be a nightmare and extra flights won't help there either.

They should look at what Hong Kong did with Kai Tak and build in the Thames Estuary and add on high speed transport Rail links etc.if the South East needs another airport. Problem is that when it comes to ambitious infrastructure projects this country bottles it for the cheapest but not the best solutions every time.

Compare that with what China just opened in Beijing for the Olympics. Its the size of Heathrow complete and took just 4 years flash to bang. Mind you I think protesters there may well be treated slightly differently :twisted:

Pluvia_Plumbum said:
Have to agree with the protestors on this one. The Heathrow site is pretty much full and trying to cram more aircraft into an already saturated airspace isn't going to help even with a Third runway. The surrounding roads etc are still going to be a nightmare and extra flights won't help there either.

They should look at what Hong Kong did with Kai Tak and build in the Thames Estuary and add on high speed transport Rail links etc.if the South East needs another airport. Problem is that when it comes to ambitious infrastructure projects this country bottles it for the cheapest but not the best solutions every time.

Compare that with what China just opened in Beijing for the Olympics. Its the size of Heathrow complete and took just 4 years flash to bang. Mind you I think protesters there may well be treated slightly differently :twisted:
But even Kai tak wasn't enough to cope with the increase in flights - which is why the HKG took the imaginative step of chopping the top off Lantau Island, hoying it into t sea to make a multiple runway and then linking the whole thing to Victoria with rapid mass-capacity rail links. The UK has, I'm afraid, to stop being so conservative and look to more radical solutions.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
hotshot85 said:
They shouldn't be there, they could have been infiltrated by terroist groups - shoot them off.
Yeah, the voice of reason. Do an air strike. But if you could avoid that nice little boozer just up Whitehall on the right, I would be obliged. Theres a Lithuanian barmaid in there was giving me sheeps eyes two weeks ago. And I have high hopes for Detante with her, you know?

Fair shout to the tree huggers. I couldnt give a rats about Polar Bears melting. But Heathrow is a dangerous place to fly into. BAA are horrible and we need a new airport down Southend way.

rickshaw said:
Pluvia_Plumbum said:

But even Kai tak wasn't enough to cope with the increase in flights - which is why the HKG took the imaginative step of chopping the top off Lantau Island, hoying it into t sea to make a multiple runway and then linking the whole thing to Victoria with rapid mass-capacity rail links. The UK has, I'm afraid, to stop being so conservative and look to more radical solutions.

Yep That the one I meant - :p sorry didn't know the name.

TheIronDuke said:
hotshot85 said:
They shouldn't be there, they could have been infiltrated by terroist groups - shoot them off.
Yeah, the voice of reason. Do an air strike. But if you could avoid that nice little boozer just up Whitehall on the right, I would be obliged. Theres a Lithuanian barmaid in there was giving me sheeps eyes two weeks ago. And I have high hopes for Detante with her, you know?

Fair shout to the tree huggers. I couldnt give a rats about Polar Bears melting. But Heathrow is a dangerous place to fly into. BAA are horrible and we need a new airport down Southend way.
No problem with the message they have, I just think these hippy bastards should be treated as the security breach they are and shot.

hotshot85 said:
Couldn't we just shoot at them? Maybe into the sort of general area? Using large-calibre weapons appropriate to the threat represented by this security breach and accepting reasonable casualties in the nearby area?

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
dorsetross88 said:
hotshot85 said:
seconded
Yeah, I hear what you are saying. But we cant be having high velocity rounds whacking around the Mother of All Parliaments, can we?

Why not wait until they are down?

Then we can stone them to death. Maybe chop off their heads in public - bring the kids - half price hot dogs and a bouncy castle all day long.

Maybe, right - tie them to a brick wall then bulldoze the wall. Heh.

Hippy scum. I bet the women were showing their faces like cheap sluts?

TheIronDuke said:
dorsetross88 said:
hotshot85 said:
seconded
Yeah, I hear what you are saying. But we cant be having high velocity rounds whacking around the Mother of All Parliaments, can we?

Why not wait until they are down?

Then we can stone them to death.
Maybe chop off their heads in public - bring the kids - half price hot dogs and a bouncy castle all day long.

Maybe, right - tie them to a brick wall then bulldoze the wall. Heh.

Hippy scum. I bet the women were showing their faces like cheap sluts?
Ok this sounds more fun, not sure about cutting off their heads though....who'd clean up the mess? :twisted:

MLRS its the only way to be sure :twisted:
oh you ment the hippys :twisted:
lure them off with vegan Choccy cake @vegan choccy cake is punishment enough in my view :twisted: though they may need to be disinfected being that close to dangerous scum.

some how I doubt green peace is going to be infiltrated islamofuckits (my spellchecker suggests motherfuckers for islamofuckwits is nice ;)0
is it

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
dorsetross88 said:
Ok this sounds more fun, not sure about cutting off their heads though....who'd clean up the mess? :twisted:
Maybe the Muppets who are in charge of security at Westminister? Maybe the Muppets who signed off visitors passes to the protestors? Maybe the Muppets who watched them walking upstairs? Maybe the Muppets who were supposed to be watching the screens?

Dont stone the messenger. Lets just be thankful that they were nice, white, middle class hippies with a legit protest and some banners.

Lets ask some questions of the people paid to protect Parliament? Lets wait until they are out of the strategy meeting and have brushed the Jaffa Cake crumbs off of their laps?

This is the law of unintended consequences once again.

Once upon a time they could have demonstrated outside the Houses of Parliament, and that would probably have been good enough for them. Getting onto the roof would have seemed OTT and unnecessary.

Now that they're forbidden to demonstrate within - what is it, half a mile? - of Parliament, the penalties for doing what they've done probably seem acceptable to them, since the alternative would probably leave them totally un-noticed by the world at large.

Note that I'm not condemning or defending their action, just pointing out that when governments screw the lid down, the pressure inside goes up.

Sorry lads. I'm afraid you won't find a Swampy, a treehugger or a hippy among them. Plane Stupid's membership is made up, for the most part, by Joe Public.

They are protesting at the fact that for all the nonsense about 'consultation' on the building of a third runway at Heathrow, the process doesn't actually allow concerned residents the opportunity to say no. A wonderful example of spin and Labour 'democracy' in action.

I live fifteen minutes from Heathrow and haven't had a sniff of a consultation document or the mobile 'consultation' exhibition. Yet my quality of life at home will be seriously impacted should the third runway go ahead. And before some mong comes out with the bone comment 'you can always move somewhere else', I would say 'why the fukc should I?'

Unfortunately, the protesters remember how they were shafted by the Government and BAA with their lies, smokescreens and improbable statistics when the Terminal 5 project was bulldozed through in the face of massive objections.

The arguments for a new runway do not stand up to scrutiny and the environmental information put forward by the Government and BAA have been roundly panned as, at best, very unreliable, and at worst, blatant lies.
The other argument put forward is that LHR is losing custom to other European hubs because LHR canot accomodate extra flights.

Bollox! LHR is losing custom because it is a dirty, overpriced, chaotic shithole were passengers are treated like cattle.

Another argument is that a lack of a third runway will mean that jobs can be created and saved. Quite frankly, if you look at the make-up of the total BAA staff at LHR, you'll find that the Asian community from Slough, Hayes, Hounslow and other hovels make up a very large part of the employee headcount and is continuing to rise. I for one, really couldn't give a fukc that Ahmed and Gupta can no longer bring in their extended family members into the UK for a free ride at Heathrow because some selfish NIMBYs object that their lives are being turned upside down by an unwanted and even less, needed 3rd runway.

Good luck to the protestors. People power in action!

The argument for a third runway does not stand up,and that's just from Liarbore statements on this subject within the last 16 months.

If one goes back to something called the(IIRC) Stearn report,commisioned by,why none other than the UK treasurary(then led by Comrade Mc Broon himself),doom and disaster would ensue if Britain did not curb the use of greenhouse gases forthwith.

In pursuit of this goal,Air Passenger Duty was doubled overnight(without the Govt putting this to a vote).The stated reason for this?-to deter air travel.

Fast forward to the present day,Liarbore is rubber stamping a third runway(the proposal for a 7,000 feet runway will almost certianly be adjusted to a full 10,000 feet when/if this proposal is approved).Hardly a deterent to further air travel.

You don't have to be a cynic to spot the hypocracy of this.The govt must think the Great British Public are stoned out of their heads all day and watching Big Brother to notice what is going on.

One little known fact about the BAA,every MP,and member of the House of Lords is allowed free car parking at Heathrow(and probably other BAA sites).There is little doubt that said MPs and their Lordships also receive free tickets(First class of course) from the airlines.

I would wager money that the BAA have several MPs and ministers in their pocket on this one,and these people will be awarded with non-jobs within the BAA and/or receive a nice little bonus in their Liechtenstein bank accounts at a much later date.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
NSP The NAAFI Bar 67
O Miscellaneous Jokes 0
LazyCaretaker Armed Forces Jokes 2