Plan to cut Basra troops by 2,000

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by msr, Oct 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

2. Should be interesting to see what happens over there should this go ahead.

...and if a snap election is called.
  3. Good. That means I may not have to come back. :D
  4. With the early pullout of one BattleGroup from the COB and now, this one has to wonder if our 'beloved' Prime Minister's plans to sort out Africa ie Darfur are starting to move forward slowly and not just a pipe dream anymore.
    Christmas in Africa anyone?
  5. Is it just my cynical head working ..... or do I see yet another 'popular' move pre a possible 'snap' election????
  6. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

it would appear that labour can do no right...
  7. Would that cover the 6000 "cut" that is planned?
    2000 on tour, 200 getting ready for tour, 2000 just come off tour?
  8. Isnt that what they do everytime an election is called. Butter up the public!!!!

Personally i don't give a flying feck whether he's reducing the numbers to make himself look good. I'm just glad he's doing - I still can't stand the muppet.

You can only hope the general public can see past facade.
  9. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

gotta be honest, I prefer him to that idiot Tory that trying to be greener than green.
  10. Nice one(2) about inheritance tax and stamp duty though.
  11. Reduced by 2000............ How long until they announce a rise of about 2000 troops in Afghanistan?

Watch out !!!!!
  12. Or Darfur... or Zimbabwe....or Burma... or N. Korea...........!!!!
  13. 2000 to come home by xmas, thats going to be an expensive (but well worth it) round of drinks, is there a pub big enough?????

14. :lol: About time, for Christmas? then where for New Year?Election, All will be revealed after Brown is back in :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
  15. Possibly more of an aspiration then a plan then?

Timing is interesting though. I guess anything to win back the coverage that Cameron and Co will be getting this week.