Places to eat and drink in Kiev

Discussion in 'Travel' started by captaincalamity, Jan 3, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Privet!

I am off to sunny Kiev next week, and I am looking for a few travel tips. The Great Patriotic War Museum is top of the list, obviously, along with various other sights, but what I would like to see/experience is the eating and drinking bit. I am looking for a traditional Ukrainian restaurant, all that borscht etc, but also something more new wave, if there is such a beast, exeriencing the best of modern Ukrainian. Any thoughts? And no trip East would be complete without a drink or two, so I would like to try a traditional Ukr bar, and where the old boys hang out would be good, as well as something posh. Suggestions welcome!

Cheers
    CC

2. Mate, I just wish I could remember the places I visited when I went over there to watch Scotland play. Apart from running the gauntlet of Ukrainian nutjobs on every street corner the trip was great. I did however find a great we bar in and around the main square which wa sunder the street level in the underpass and the door is shaped like a large beer barrell, The food and drink were superb as was the view (Local Talent).

3. Banker

Banker On ROPs

No idea on food, but don't miss the Platinum Bar

4. If you are looking to pick up a chick...or two.. go Shooters bar and speak english

edited to add: They all eat bloody sushi for some reason!

5. Also, Do not go to the DISCO Boat on the river it is full of gas cookers.