Place names that stir the memory.

Do any of you drive past a place with a name that brings back memories of days long gone? Every day on my commute to and from work, I drive past a holiday let called The Big Pink House. It always makes me chuckle as there was a brothel called The Pink Haus at Walsrode just outside Fally, we were called there on a regular basis to rescue some poor sap who'd been battered by the bouncers for not paying the bill. What places cause you to chuckle?

Do any of you drive past a place with a name that brings back memories of days long gone? Every day on my commute to and from work, I drive past a holiday let called The Big Pink House. It always makes me chuckle as there was a brothel called The Pink Haus at Walsrode just outside Fally, we were called there on a regular basis to rescue some poor sap who'd been battered by the bouncers for not paying the bill. What places cause you to chuckle?
Sennybridge, Otterburn and Stanford normally make me laugh, mainly because I'm not there and some other poor fucker is.

What made me giggle was the discovery of St. John's in Ballycarry. I grew up in Carrickfergus, and have been through Ballycarry hundreds of times. Indeed, we did a VCP with the Peelers there in 1991.

I only recently found out that this beautiful church was there.

6017262330_ceb74f2b40_b.jpg

Bordon & Horse Guards.

Anything with fewer than 1 in 10 letters as vowels.

Whitehall in london, for it was there that I was working in Glyn mills bank, ( holts branch) across the road was the recruiting centre, where I signed up in 1972. A year later, I had duty's in the comcen under horse guards, and had the pleasure of taking my future wife up to the top floor and into The duke of wellingtons conference room. With ceremonial duty's in Whitehall, remembrance parade, and trooping the colour, and sundry other trips, I had 3 years in a very interesting regiment that had connections all over london. Now as a civvie, I was asked to be part of an OB radio discussion that was held on collage green, in 2016 opposite the HoP, so a walk along Whitehall brought back many memories from my service days.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
Warcop for certain.

Once, I intervened when an American couple decided to walk through the fences on Range A during a live fire exercise. They were most peturbed when I took them off the range and asked the police to take them away. "Did you hear any shooting?" I asked. Yes they said, smugly. We can walk where we like.

Latest Threads