Pkey squaddies!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by vvaannmmaann, May 20, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Fair one.
  2. Nope, never experienced ANY theft when I was in......Ever!!
  3. And lets ignore the hundreds of civvie contractors who can now be found on most camps, because metal posts would never be of any use to them or a cctv system
  4. Rifles or Kingo's?
    • Like Like x 2
  5. No, they were wearing Red caps and one of them was overheard saying "I have set the sat nav for the fastest route back to southwick park"
  6. Got to be chunks, they love pickets
  7. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Been happening for years.

When the demolished some buildings at Sleaford Tech years ago the lead was removed by the night shift guard force.
    They even used the guard Landrover to shift it as it weighed a bit.

Don't even ask about the thousands of chep pallets that never made it back to Stafford.

Suprise suprise squaddies steal stuff and squaddies get skint.
    It's got nothing to do wih cash strapped hero's and nasty tory cut backs.
    Tommy Atkins +has been moving stuiff on since N.V.G's were something only read about in a H.G.Wells novel
    It's having easy access to lots of stuff and in most cases the maens to move it
    The forces could make a fortune if it actuall controlled it's scrap a bit better
    Ever wonder wy the man who does hold he keys to the scrap compound has a bter car than everyone else?
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Not saying it's right, but it's human nature. If the procedures in place (or not in place) allow it to happen, then it will.
  9. Back in the early 80's, a short wheel base landy "disapeared" from a cavalry regiment stationed in Tidworth. Duty driver left it in the hanger with the work ticket and keys, then went off on leave. Vehicle was stripped and flogged on piece by piece including the full Clansman set up.
  10. Anybody in the market for a W 50?
  11. Has anyone got a Chieftain Gearbox please?
  12. Does the Army still pay to get rid of it's scrap metal whilst most companies get paid for theirs?
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Never had a S26 filled with scrap and driven to the local dealers exchange for troop beer tokens. Never, ever happened
  14. Good to see the Wedges come in for criticism.
    In my day we did it legally. We used to collect all waste scrap in our hanger and then load it into a Barford dumptruck and take it to the local scrappies.
    I'm not saying that the odd 45 gallon drum or 3 full of water used to get loaded on too, but hey we were never caught.

On my driver training we might have gone around collecting pallets and selling them on, and this was when re-cycling was is its infancy too. We were pretty forward thinking.