Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Goku, Aug 5, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone going to the PIXIES gig on the 31st of August at Alexandra Palace, London?
  2. Will that be the same Pixies of the Short Strand RUC/PSNI station in Belfast then?
  3. Why do you ask?
  4. I was thinking of a pre gig ARRSE drink if anyone here is going.
  5. I could go for a drink................................
  6. I take it your going then?
  7. No but could go for a drink anyway...............
  8. Good enough for me

Do you know the area? Know any decent pubs near by?
    I don’t spend that much time in London so I don’t really know.

Any other ARRSErs fancy a pint? First round’s on me
  9. Sadly not, its a bit of a way. Although I'm sure you've a spare ticket for Poppy.....
  10. If only I had.
    Sadly the Pixies sold out pretty fast, which is understandable consider how amazing they are.

But still, if anyone here is going, or simply fancies a pre gig drink, let me know.
  11. Anyone going to the Manchester Gig, 30th August, Manchester Apollo?
  12. I am consumed with envy.

I have worshipped at the alter of the Pixies for years, but have never seen them live. Just when they pole up in the UK, I get sent on some kiss-my-arse operations. Really, HMG should get their priorities right.

Anyway, lets talk Pixies. Fave album? Mine has to be "Come on Pilgrim" or maybe "Surfa Rosa". Doolittle was the one that got me into them, but the first two are just so Pixies. Never too convinced by Bossanova, but it does have some cool stuff ("Is She Weird", "The Happening"). Trompe La Monde was a bit of a return to form, I thought.

Fave tune? Hard to pick one, but my faves include "Number 13 Baby", "Ed Is Dead", "Elevate Me", "Cactus" and the mighty "U-Mass". The opening bit to "I've Been Tired" has to be one of my fave things ever. God, I love them.

Best Pixies moment? On a canoe on the Amazon (honestly) just before dawn when "Isla Des Encantas" comes on my IPod. I was honestly breathless.

Sod talking Army, lets talk Pixies. And tell me how the gigs were, you jammy b*stards.
  13. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

I'm going to see them at Meadowbank stadium in Edinburgh on the 28th.

And you didn't mention 'Debaser'. Deviant.

14. I'll buy you a drink Goku - I think I owe you one :wink:

Should be able to make London on the 31st.
  15. What you owe me is my goddamn essay!!!!! :twisted:
    But I’ll settle for a pint. :mrgreen:

Seriously though, your welcome to come along, it’s probably only going to be 2 or 3 pints before we go into the gig.

Again, any ARRSErs going to the Pixies gig in London, how’s about a few jars before show time.