• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Pity darwinism wasnt allowed to take its course

Up and down Snowden quite a few times training for a three peaks event a few years ago. I was constantly surprised at the the dangerously blase attitude that many we met had.
Saw plenty going up in trainers and tracksuits in late Feb with snow still covering everything more than halfway up. They expressed surprise that the paths hadn't been properly cleared. :roll:
Helped bring some mongs from Wednesfield down once because they assumed that the top would be above the clouds and 'hot'. :lol:

Admittedly, after a few trips I stopped carrying a lot of the kit that I started with. Wouldn't try it in this weather though!

tbf
lots of people assume British mountains are just "big green hills"
as said on a outdoor instructors course.
que 4 hours pratting about in a whiteout :D trainee changed mind :D
we did'nt get to go up snowdon as we would have needed crampons to do it properly.

did'nt stop some twat breaking his leg dressed in trainers spending time in a snow hole with some loon who was up there properly prepared as the RAF and mountain rescue could'nt get to them :x

For all i care they can use Snowdon as a theme park, I live in Snowdonia and enjoy the peacefullness of the unknown(to tourists) mountains and quarries.

Never see numpties in trainers there.

Latest Threads