Pistols Hot or Not-Show Us Yer Kit (real or for those in England, imagined)

Was going to recommend Andy Arratoonian at Horseshoe Leather, but it looks like he's stopped doing custom work.
I've used a number of his rigs and can't recommend them enough, each different model has been perfect for the job reqd.
He's also been diagnosed with Parkinson's so I'm ordering another for my 1911, you too might like to get one of his excellent holsters before he's forced to sack it.

Len Dixon retired years ago, then restarted after fifteen or twenty years, but I've seen no net coverage, (which wouldn't in itself be a surprise,) so maybe he's stopped one way or another too.

Les King made some mega blocked holsters, again I couldn't recommend his work enough but again vokoll on the net.

Otherwise:
HALO BELT HOLSTER: Belt Holsters | Galco Gunleather

Or try Safariland's 6280 or 6360, not cheap but what do you want ?

And a kakhuisvol of Kydex/synthetic/placcy rigs too.
SOC RTI Holster

I was looking at the SOC holster with the light cowling and the paddle attached.
As far as the vehicle pistol is concerned IMO the paddle is the best attachment method for comfort and speed. Most of the time it stays in the center console, but if needed it can be inserted into the pants with a pretty decent degree of retention and security. In the winter time I am mostly wearing hoodies or a jacket so concealment is cake.

I like the USMC holster from Safariland for their M45A1’s but it is to aggressive for wear around town. Parents in Target or Walmart don’t care to see some asshole open carrying these days.

I know it sounds bone but standing out here in gun country can still work against
you in the city. I prefer to be gray man that does not stand out like a ******.

These gems do more harm than good.

ugly

LE
Assuming the 1997 amendments hadn't taken place and we still could own pistols and revolvers I'm not sure really what I would still own. At the time I owned a 1911 Steyr (1915 build), a .455 Webley Mk6, .455 Colt New Service, a PPK in .380, a Browning BDA in .380, a Colt .32 1905 (?), a .25 Webley pistol still in its makers carton with instruction sheet and 100 rounds of period ammo, a Vostock in .22lr. Those were just the pistols I can recall having to decide whether to transfer to sect 7 or weigh in.
I had others before that and had enjoyed various service pistols and civilian revolvers and did enjoy a CZ75 for a few months.
What would I own now?
Possibly I would still own all of the classic pre 1919 and expanded it to pre 1939 and maybe have toyed with filling the additional obsolete 9mm slots I still had, Largo, Bergman and saved up for that Red 9 I saw in my local shop.

Who knows, maybe I still would have sold the lot to buy stalking rifles and scopes.

I may have kept the pistols and sold the service rifles I owned, the 4 x .303's, the 8 x .22rfs and the 1 x 7.62mm target rifle to achieve the same end
My FAC had about 15 pages back then, two of them on conditions alone.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
SOC RTI Holster

I was looking at the SOC holster with the light cowling and the paddle attached.
As far as the vehicle pistol is concerned IMO the paddle is the best attachment method for comfort and speed. Most of the time it stays in the center console, but if needed it can be inserted into the pants with a pretty decent degree of retention and security. In the winter time I am mostly wearing hoodies or a jacket so concealment is cake.

I like the USMC holster from Safariland for their M45A1’s but it is to aggressive for wear around town. Parents in Target or Walmart don’t care to see some asshole open carrying these days.
I'm a big fan of IWBs, generally unobtrusive and provided you're in reasonable shape are fast when necessary.
I tend to carry my 1911 in an IWB most of the time, transferring to a console mounted rig when driving.

I know it sounds bone but standing out here in gun country can still work against
you in the city. I prefer to be gray man that does not stand out like a ******.
Agreed, no point in showing your hand.

These gems do more harm than good.
Jussus !
Even for an airsofter that's a prize winning ballistic gunt !
Seen how the obscenely obese creature wobbles like a jelly ?
(That'll be Jello to you.)
Is he this oke a few years older ?

I'm a big fan of IWBs, generally unobtrusive and provided you're in reasonable shape are fast when necessary.
I tend to carry my 1911 in an IWB most of the time, transferring to a console mounted rig when driving.

Agreed, no point in showing your hand.

Jussus !
Even for an airsofter that's a prize winning ballistic gunt !
Seen how the obscenely obese creature wobbles like a jelly ?
(That'll be Jello to you.)
Is he this oke a few years older ?
The sad part is that gent ain’t an airsofter. I am not a featherweight but I am not 20 stone Kevin either. That guy looks like he would have a heart attack if his heart rate went above 40 beats a minute. The tacticool look just makes it even worse.

I have done the IWB’s before, and I might be looking for one when I pick up my G26 next month. But with the light attached to the 1911 that is just a no go.

I rotate my pistols out in summer and winter. The G26 will be for summer months.

Assuming the 1997 amendments hadn't taken place and we still could own pistols and revolvers I'm not sure really what I would still own. At the time I owned a 1911 Steyr (1915 build), a .455 Webley Mk6, .455 Colt New Service, a PPK in .380, a Browning BDA in .380, a Colt .32 1905 (?), a .25 Webley pistol still in its makers carton with instruction sheet and 100 rounds of period ammo, a Vostock in .22lr. Those were just the pistols I can recall having to decide whether to transfer to sect 7 or weigh in.
I had others before that and had enjoyed various service pistols and civilian revolvers and did enjoy a CZ75 for a few months.
What would I own now?
Possibly I would still own all of the classic pre 1919 and expanded it to pre 1939 and maybe have toyed with filling the additional obsolete 9mm slots I still had, Largo, Bergman and saved up for that Red 9 I saw in my local shop.

Who knows, maybe I still would have sold the lot to buy stalking rifles and scopes.

I may have kept the pistols and sold the service rifles I owned, the 4 x .303's, the 8 x .22rfs and the 1 x 7.62mm target rifle to achieve the same end
My FAC had about 15 pages back then, two of them on conditions alone.
As it stands now.

I have a
Kimber Desert Warrior .45 ACP
Sig Custom Shop 1911.45 ACP
Sig C3 Army Commander .45 ACP
Springfield Armory loaded 1911 A1 .45 ACP

Glock 17 gen 4
Sig MK 25
Sig P226 Scorpion 9mm

A G26 Gen 5 otw

In theory I have an M9 Beretta. Lent it to the old man this summer have not had it returned. But he gets all the kit I don’t want, on the condition that they all go to the grandkids, my brother or self in the future.

I only shoot .45 ACP and 9mm now. I binned .40 caliber and .357 Sig.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
The sad part is that gent ain’t an airsofter. I am not a featherweight but I am not 20 stone Kevin either. That guy looks like he would have a heart attack if his heart rate went above 40 beats a minute. The tacticool look just makes it even worse.
Why hasn't your government introduced Soylent Green yet ?

I thought it said airsoft at the start of the video, but if they're carrying real firearms they need a good slapping for their muzzle awareness and NSPs, let alone their tactical advice !
"If you need to swap sidearms with your partner"
FFS !
Buggrit, forget the slapping, go back to Soylent Green.

I have done the IWB’s before, and I might be looking for one when I pick up my G26 next month. But with the light attached to the 1911 that is just a no go.

I rotate my pistols out in summer and winter. The G26 will be for summer months.
Try Andy's IWBs, they're mega.
If it's a long time since you've used them, (a polite weight allusion,) pay heed to his advice on them too.

Why hasn't your government introduced Soylent Green yet ?

I thought it said airsoft at the start of the video, but if they're carrying real firearms they need a good slapping for their muzzle awareness and NSPs, let alone their tactical advice !
"If you need to swap sidearms with your partner"
FFS !
Buggrit, forget the slapping, go back to Soylent Green.

Try Andy's IWBs, they're mega.
If it's a long time since you've used them, (a polite weight allusion,) pay heed to his advice on them too.
In other words cardio!

Honestly living on Hoth has made me focus more on concealment whilst dressed for a blizzard. Having a pistol on your thigh when it is -40 below is a bit uncomfortable.

I have an IWB for summer use with my Sig Commander. It ain’t so bad.

If one is at the point they are “swapping” a sidearm you are really just dying and have already been shot. Those gents are the reason why we get the piss ripped out of us. The blowhards are the ones that are viewed by millions.

In other words cardio!

Honestly living on Hoth has made me focus more on concealment whilst dressed for a blizzard. Having a pistol on your thigh when it is -40 below is a bit uncomfortable.

I have an IWB for summer use with my Sig Commander. It ain’t so bad.

If one is at the point they are “swapping” a sidearm you are really just dying and have already been shot. Those gents are the reason why we get the piss ripped out of us. The blowhards are the ones that are viewed by millions.
Iraqveteren8888 MAC to name a few.

They do provide some interesting reviews. I enjoyed their top 5 carry rounds video.
They are also very extremely right wing.

I prefer Paul Harrel, for his humour and sensible approach.

They are also very extremely right wing.

I prefer Paul Harrel, for his humour and sensible approach.
Well most folks like him will be tbh. Not quite as many left wing folks in the US military. I guess I will have to check out this Paul Harrel gent. Since it is the day before a major Holiday I will have some time do so.

Well most folks like him will be tbh. Not quite as many left wing folks in the US military. I guess I will have to check out this Paul Harrel gent. Since it is the day before a major Holiday I will have some time do so.
Mac bangs on about being ex USMC but never deployed, Eric is ok, tbh so is chad.

Was going to recommend Andy Arratoonian at Horseshoe Leather, but it looks like he's stopped doing custom work.
I've used a number of his rigs and can't recommend them enough, each different model has been perfect for the job reqd.
He's also been diagnosed with Parkinson's so I'm ordering another for my 1911, you too might like to get one of his excellent holsters before he's forced to sack it.

Len Dixon retired years ago, then restarted after fifteen or twenty years, but I've seen no net coverage, (which wouldn't in itself be a surprise,) so maybe he's stopped one way or another too.

Les King made some mega blocked holsters, again I couldn't recommend his work enough but again vokoll on the net.

Otherwise:

There used to be a company in USA called FIST(pardon the expression)that would handmake any unusual requirements in both leather & kydex for very reasonabe amounts,but don't know if they still trade.Try FIST Holsters(very important to include Holsters),on internut.

Otherwise:

Got my first decent rig from Andy, must have been 35 years ago now, Solid as a rock, handmade craftsmanship. I would have thought he was well out of the game by now.

Got one of Len's holsters 'as used on the balcony' - he also made a very nice concealed carry one for Brownings Someone took over his designs didn't they?

Les King, stroked them but never bought one.

Nowadays I am acquainted with the man who started what turned into Safariland and have a couple of his designs but, I prefer Blade-tech as my day to day holster. My boxheads seem to like G-Code, so I need to get around to trying one of those one day.

Quality leather in the US, there are loads of makers around who do quality work on their own in their shed but, you need to find them. Top end poduction line quality is hard to beat with Mitch Rosen and Milt Sparks though.

Got my first decent rig from Andy, must have been 35 years ago now, Solid as a rock, handmade craftsmanship. I would have thought he was well out of the game by now.

Got one of Len's holsters 'as used on the balcony' - he also made a very nice concealed carry one for Brownings Someone took over his designs didn't they?

Nowadays I am acquainted with the man who started what turned into Safariland and have a couple of his designs but, I prefer Blade-tech as my day to day holster. My boxheads seem to like G-Code, so I need to get around to trying one of those one day.

Quality leather in the US, there are loads of makers around who do quality work on their own in their shed but, you need to find them. Top end poduction line quality is hard to beat with Mitch Rosen and Milt Sparks though.
Did not know G Code was a hit for some over seas users!! They make good stuff brother! I would like to get one of the tac belts they produce.

Sorry your British, only we Americans are legally allowed to acquire firearms in grocery store parking lots with complete strangers!

last gun* I bought in the UK the deal was done in a pub car park and took 15 mins and 1 pint.

*and was fully suppressed.

Last edited:

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Poor old bugger's been diagnosed with Parkinson's, so it won't be long until he really is out of the game.
I'm ordering a couple more rigs from him before he and his skills are taken from us.

I remember when he retired, he was convinced he'd not be making leatherwork again, then he surprised many by starting up again.

An Alabaman had Les make an IWB for my Bulldog, probably my all time favourite rig.

Top end poduction line quality is hard to beat with Mitch Rosen and Milt Sparks though.
Excellent rigs agreed, but not sure they do any for pistols with mounted torches, LJONESY mentioned it'd not be an easy search.