Pistols Hot or Not-Show Us Yer Kit (real or for those in England, imagined)

I pinged the Feinwerkbau logo............honest, boss.
Well we are not allowed proper pistols , after all if we had them we would all be tempted to join the funny handshake brigade and go visit an educational establishment ............

I bought this 2" bbl Taurus Model 85 in 38 Spl several years ago, I can't quite remember why, it must have seemed like a good idea at the time. It's more of a giggle gun than anything else, the vast majority of them are bought for self defence which doesn't apply in my case. It is fed on a diet of 158 grn jacketed bullets sat on top of a small charge of N310, I've tried N340 but there's lots of powder left unburned, hardly surprising. I replaced the factory fitted wooden stocks with Pachmayr, makes it more pleasant to fire. Anyway here it is.

Attachments

Last edited:
Good for close range head shots.

Was the wife winding you up a tad around the time of purchase? :)
No, I have other tools for that job.
If I get my arrse in gear, I can keep 5 shots in the black of a UIT tgt at 25 mtrs, however fixed sights mean I have to aim off to the right a bit, which is difficult to judge.

No, I have other tools for that job.
If I get my arrse in gear, I can keep 5 shots in the black of a UIT tgt at 25 mtrs, however fixed sights mean I have to aim off to the right a bit, which is difficult to judge.
25M - that's very sound skills.

Mind you . . .

. . . . it's probably best to have a bit of stand-off distance beween self and an enraged wife, if mine is anything to go by

I bought this 2" bbl Taurus Model 85 in 38 Spl several years ago, I can't quite remember why, it must have seemed like a good idea at the time. It's more of a giggle gun than anything else, the vast majority of them are bought for self defence which doesn't apply in my case. It is fed on a diet of 158 grn jacketed bullets sat on top of a small charge of N310, I've tried N340 but there's lots of powder left unburned, hardly surprising. Anyway here it is.
The ex-wife got one of those after finding out the m&p bodyguard .380 she brought kicked a little bit ( despite me saying "are you sure you want that, it's only .380 but it weighs bugger all so it will kick a lot more than your cz83" ).

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk

The ex-wife got one of those after finding out the m&p bodyguard .380 she brought kicked a little bit ( despite me saying "are you sure you want that, it's only .380 but it weighs bugger all so it will kick a lot more than your cz83" ).

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk
I've never understood why some people hanker after super light firearms without any consideration for the recoil.
A mate had a Taurus Titanium in .44 Mag, which he fed full house magnum loads.
I fired one or two shots out of it & declared the thing to be fukkin 'orrible.

I've never understood why some people hanker after super light firearms without any consideration for the recoil.
A mate had a Taurus Titanium in .44 Mag, which he fed full house magnum loads.
I fired one or two shots out of it & declared the thing to be fukkin 'orrible.
Didn't S&W make a super light 357 Mag out of Scandium some years ago. Super light with a kick like a mule?
My snubby kicks hard enough with heavier, but not max, loads.