• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Pistols Hot or Not-Show Us Yer Kit (real or for those in England, imagined)

ugly

LE
Ooh that's an nice one - must be one of the originals.
I once handled a 1913 built 1911 in a leather 1917 dated holster. The RFD had swapped something cheap for it with a US Colonel who he met in the late stages of WW2. It was nice and well built. I also was handed an RFC .455 1911 from 1915. The owner was a tit, he had cut the slide and fitted bomar sights. What a cretin, he hadn't even fired it when he realised it wasn't .45 acp and traded it in. Makes you weep!

I know it's a .410, but at the moment I'm having a huge amount of good old fashioned "fun" with this little lump of Turkish metal and polymers.

The sling swivels are a tad pointless except that the one below the fore end actually secures the fore end in place.

Has got a good natural point, is well balanced overall and throws a sensible shot pattern with larger shot sizes up to about 60 feet.

Shall be annealing then fire forming some .303 brass to use with it too.

The only drawback - convincing the world and his wife of my need to hold it on my ticket. images_york_guns_adler.png
images_york_guns_adler.png

ugly

LE
That looks a world safer than my old Belgian side by side hammer pistol! How much and where from?

I know it's a .410, but at the moment I'm having a huge amount of good old fashioned "fun" with this little lump of Turkish metal and polymers.

The sling swivels are a tad pointless except that the one below the fore end actually secures the fore end in place.

Has got a good natural point, is well balanced overall and throws a sensible shot pattern with larger shot sizes up to about 60 feet.

Shall be annealing then fire forming some .303 brass to use with it too.

The only drawback - convincing the world and his wife of my need to hold it on my ticket. View attachment 331253 View attachment 331253

Like it, whats the variation you ask for that??...... "just rabbits"?

ugly

LE
Like it, whats the variation you ask for that??...... "just rabbits"?
There is a specific wording for the variation, written by Mr Wallace late of NGO, he was very helpful but couldn't get my .17 Hmr pistol approved on it!

Got the best deal I could from York Guns, about £285 as I bought a pile of other stuff from then as well so as to make the trip worthwhile.

Reasons to hold:

Humane dispatch of all lawful quarry species that have been cage or otherwise trapped.

Avoidance of personal injury resulting from the ricochet effects of a high velocity round when striking any unseen hard objects in substrates.

Avoidance of materiel damage to cage and other traps.

To be used for the purposes of vermin control in and around buildings on land which the applicant either owns or has lawful permission to shoot over.

Or summat like.

35714AE7-73FF-44F0-AE07-E4075550C371.jpeg

Finally got this out for a shoot. This thing is an effing Death Ray. I couldn’t miss. Ergonomics are great and recoil for a short barrel .45 was a doddle. Kimbers are a wee bit fancy for my tastes but this thing is a delight to shoot. I feel dirty when I look at my Sig now.

Slight tread drift,

Bought myself a nice model 41 the other day.
Does anyone have any information on the rear sight?
I understand the concept that the grub screws are adjusted for different ranges and you turn the dial for quick and easy setting for the different ranges, but I can't find anything on the internet on it. It looks like a factory original as opposed to something after market.
41.jpg

Cheers

Slight tread drift,

Bought myself a nice model 41 the other day.
Does anyone have any information on the rear sight?
I understand the concept that the grub screws are adjusted for different ranges and you turn the dial for quick and easy setting for the different ranges, but I can't find anything on the internet on it. It looks like a factory original as opposed to something after market. View attachment 333166

Cheers
That does not look like a factory sight.. was this a new or used pistol?

Bought through a dealer with no idea of its history. I chose this one as it also has a €200.00 set of target grips on it as well.