Pistols Hot or Not-Show Us Yer Kit (real or for those in England, imagined)

In much the same spirit and perhaps foolishly posted in the rifles thread some time ago:

Sphinx 2000H in 9mm
Arrse Sphinx.jpg

Not being a big friend of Polymer, this is my only plastic piece. Heckler & Koch US Socom or Mk. 23, the most expensive (and biggest) piece in my humble collection.
photo-13.jpg

Sig P210 9mm
Sig P226 9mm
Sig P229 in .40 S&W and .357 SIG
photo-5.jpg

1882 Swiss Revolver in 7.5mm Swiss (and yes, you can shoot it with .32 S&W Long but not with great accuracy). 1974 Colt Gold Cup in .45ACP

Attachments

In much the same spirit and perhaps foolishly posted in the rifles thread some time ago:

Sphinx 2000H in 9mm
View attachment 71281

Not being a big friend of Polymer, this is my only plastic piece. Heckler & Koch US Socom or Mk. 23, the most expensive (and biggest) piece in my humble collection.
View attachment 71282

Sig P210 9mm
Sig P226 9mm
Sig P229 in .40 S&W and .357 SIG
View attachment 71283

1882 Swiss Revolver in 7.5mm Swiss (and yes, you can shoot it with .32 S&W Long but not with great accuracy). 1974 Colt Gold Cup in .45ACP
Nice collection!! I will have to get the rest out I guess--suppressors too.

Glock 36
Taurus PT1911
Browning Hi-Power
Beretta M-9
Springfield XD40
Springfield XD40 Subcompact
S&W model 638
Walter P-38
Ruger Single 6 .22lr
Ruger 22/45 suppressed
Walter P22 suppressed
Taurus model 94SS4

Was showing off my FN 1910 last weekend and someone asked "is that a Glock?"

No, the only plastic on it is the grip panels, and even then it's Bakelite!

Was showing off my FN 1910 last weekend and someone asked "is that a Glock?"

No, the only plastic on it is the grip panels, and even then it's Bakelite!
and WHO would that have been?

Had my foul paws on one of those at Bisley courtesy of the SASC tent. Splendid weapon.

Take it that is an on-duty firearm? Issued by army or police, may I ask?
No--just a private citizen now exercising my rights under our Constitution. ;-)

Nope. Young chap, Cambridge.

Oh THAT one. He's young and suffered a 'blow out' later on, he'll learn. Markus told me he was very lucky. He'd seen a freak accident like that with the same rifle where the shooter standing had fragments of three rounds in and around his privates.

No--just a private citizen now exercising my rights under our Constitution. ;-)
Ha, you can tell tell I live in the UK!

Top bit of kit from my limited knowledge of it, the reason I thought it would be a duty weapon was that it seems chambered for .45ACP and I thought the FBI and other agencies upped the calibre from 9mm to .45ACP for stopping power.

Wouldn't like to be a fox nicking chickens from your backgarden!

Ha, you can tell tell I live in the UK!

Top bit of kit from my limited knowledge of it, the reason I thought it would be a duty weapon was that it seems chambered for .45ACP and I thought the FBI and other agencies upped the calibre from 9mm to .45ACP for stopping power.

Wouldn't like to be a fox nicking chickens from your backgarden!
IIRC the FBI generally use the ,40 S&W with their SWAT/HRT using .45s. No chickens but definitely do not mess with my dogs!

Er, thanks for that... Do you mean you've got one and you failed to post a picture or do you just like them?
Have no fear...........................I will post a picture of my magnificent tupperware pistol tomorrow.

The first time I saw a Glock was at a Copex in the mid 80's. A brave lone importer had taken a table at the event and all he had on the table was one black plastic tupperware box with a plastic "toy" pistol in it. To a man, evryone I saw and heard looking at or commenting about the new plastic pistol, me included, said it would never catch on. How mistaken we were.

Love them or hate them you cannot deny that every manufacturer worth anything is trying to make something that will rival or take a slice of the huge market that Glock has. It is legal to have a gun for self defence where I live, to carry one even with the correct licence, so most people have at least a house gun*. The people in my street are mostly Glock owners and most people who have only one gun in the house seem to have a Glock, or one of the 1911 clone .45's, but these are in my experience the minority. Grannies, I'm told by the local gun shop owner, tend to buy .38 specials, fire them once and then let them sieze up in the bottom of a hand bag or bedside table drawer.

But yeah, Glock is here to stay. If the rumours are anything to go by there will be a Glock carbine and a Glock .22 pistol at some point in the future.