pistol wht - help!

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by topgas, Jan 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm about to go to RTMC - need help on pistol wht. The handling is fine, it's the questions that I can't find (well, answers actually) particularly the size of the cleaning patch. It isn't exactly going to make me unsafe with a pistol, but they love to fail you. Help please!

2. dont worry about it mate, they give a couple of practical lessons first, the tests are done in groups.
    top tip though mate, if you have a holster take one, it makes your drills easier to do on the ranges and on the test.

3. 100 x 50 for cleaning and 100 x 38 for oiling IIRC.

4. so basically 4 by 2?

5. Or just say 'the biggest i can get through'

6. On the subject of holsters, what is the current thinking for carriage in theater?
    Drop leg holster or one fitted to Osprey? I'm guessing that the issued green job doesn't quite cut the mustard. Any recommendations on a holster?

7. The new issued holster is very good, it is a drop leg molle plate, holster.

8. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

I had one of them in Starbucks but swapped it for a triple latte chocka della.

pistols should only be holstered halfway down the right leg, fanning the hammer compulsary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnu4P0Y-JAk

Not even chuck norris would take him on

9. I see your fast gunman, and raise you this

fast shooter

c'mon, he doesn't have to be accurate, just in front.

back on thread, the lads have been coming off the ranges full of praise for the new pistol and the holster.

10. My god that last guy could do with a salad!

11. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

Just google Jerry Mculek for true fast shooting married up with marksmanship

12. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

13. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

It's amazing what you can do with blanks.

But as you say, Jerry is the top man for live shooting.

14. You will get the Black hawk Mole one with a Black hawk carbon lanyard....we just got our in for PDT...

Not fired the SIG live as yet but the drills seem to be stright forward enough.... :desertsoldier:

as for drop leg, i'm not so sure, i bought one for my last tour (cant rememeber the make) for a Browning 9mm and thought it was a pain in the arse, never seemed tight enough to stop it moving about when you had to shift yer arse a bit...