Pistol / Revolver as Humane Killer on FAC?

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by CptDanjou, Oct 4, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I understand after looking at ad`s in the gun mags one can now own a pistol / revolver for humane dispatch if your have stalking on your FAC ?

Ive got an open ticket with stalking on it and was wondering how to apply with out fcuking up the application ?

Also some of the handguns I see advertised have restricted capacity , whats that all about?

2. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Its a bit of a minefield, being allowed one in law and getting the plod to vary your fac is another thing. I havent bothered as its a mare, getting my 410 pistol was drama enough and I'm still no closer to getting my .17HMR pistol approved either. I do know of one brand spanking new stalker on land restriction who managed it, needless to say it arrived with 3 of the cylinders blocked with resin and he then proceeded to use the damn thing for a primary stalking weapon. Utter ****!

3. I know someone who had, some years ago, but after the handgun ban, a .357 magnum revolver on ticket for 'humane despatch'. Four of the chambers had substantial pins though them so that only the remaining two could be loaded. He brought it to a club range day and we all had a go, which we subsequently learned was a very dubious proceeding indeed and he has kept it to himself since, as far as I know.

4. Jeez, its no wonder the Rozzers are selective if idiots like that are about.

5. One of my old customers had a semi-automatic .32 pistol with a removable 'restricted' magazine. It's like the police had never heard of spare parts availability.

The jammy ****.

6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

hes not been caught yet!
    As for using it at a range, how on earth can you practice safely without disturbing the neighbours?
    Perfectly legal just best kept quiet about.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Where I am the deer managers called to RTAs were told they would be supported in applications for despatch hand cannons but I dont know of too many that have applied yet. I sspect a few have and got them, after all its a county highways and police call out scheme. If they dont have one then the peelers need to do it. Me I prefer a shotgun at the base of the skull or I take the CZ 527 carbine in 7.62 x 39. Does the job!

8. 300px-Webley_No2_Mk1_star_grenade_projector.jpg

"But it is restricted officer, I can only load one at a time!"

9. This is yet another case of Plod making up law as they go along. (Do I detect the long arm of ACPO here?)

To answer the question, you just apply for variation. Simples!

10. That's OK anyway because it is "a firearm designed as signalling apparatus".

I had a 1" Very pistol on my FAC as Section One, "as part of a collection."

11. So are they classed as sect 1 or sect 5 ?

12. Section One.

13. Strictly speaking it is a flare gun but this one has a grenade cup attached for lobbing Mills bombs at pesky Huns.

Wouldn't fancy trying it out mind.

14. theres a few vets with auto pistols for humane dispatch, .32 autos type thing, limited 2 shot capacity mags though...... cof.

most people who got humane dispatch pistol on their tickets have to settle for the 2 shot revolver, quite often set of blocked chambers or a new 2 hole only cylinder. use can be for hunting for livestock.

....and if your a total f**king idiot of an RFD, you get caught with a humane dispatch revolver with a full 6 shot capacity and get in deep doo-doo.

15. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Not 100% sure about that, the restrictions are set individually on a case by case basis and a few have no limits stated on their fac at all! The RFD could be legitimately repairing/cleaning or converting to a restriction or even holding an unrestricted weapon legally. Its all about the conditions!