Pistol ID please

I'm sure that this picture has been here before, so apologies if already asked.

Any idea what this pistol is and if a mag is actually inserted in this one? Closest I found, were a Barrette and a CZ.

Pistol.jpg

Vektor SP1 perhaps?

Cheers guys. Any idea if that is a mag at the bottom of the grip? i don't think it is, but my knowledge of pistols is ropey, at best.

That is a mag, but I'm not sure it's a P226 or a SP1. Both of those lack a "hole" (no fecking clue what to call it) in the hammer, whereas Recce's has a hole thru it.

Photo is too grainy to make out any definitive detail.

If the pistol has been pimped up a bit, then the hammer, grips, mag, sights, etc may all be useless for ID purposes. To me, the frame and slide profile fit a Sig, but there are so many clones these days that anything is possible.

The pistol in the photo appears to have both a side magazine release and a heel release (or a conversion); so who knows?

ugly

LE
A cocked pistol in a holster? What could go wrong...?
How else can you shoot straight from derawing from the holster. I was taught to cock and apply safety then holster it!

As it appears that I'm wrong ref no mag, what would the purpose of a hole in the mag - as in the photo - serve? Would it be for a type of lanyard to be fitted, in case of accidental release?

@Recce19 Just remembered that I've seen this photo before. It's some bearded 'open Carry' idiot on a train in the US who has it, isn't it? IIRC it was a cheap airsoft pistol.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
How else can you shoot straight from derawing from the holster. I was taught to cock and apply safety then holster it!
I still wouldn't want to be anywhere near it unless the handler was supremely competent and very well practised.

It does seem like an ND waiting to happen.

I still wouldn't want to be anywhere near it unless the handler was supremely competent and very well practised.

It does seem like an ND waiting to happen.
I recall a quote in 'Soldiers from the wars returning' about Bn life in the Great War, something along the lines of 'I saw 10 men injured or killed with pistols..9 of them with their own'.

Definitely not a P226, which can't be cocked-and-locked anyway (not that that would stop an idiot holstering it cocked and unlocked, but in any case it's not a P226).

@Recce19 Just remembered that I've seen this photo before. It's some bearded 'open Carry' idiot on a train in the US who has it, isn't it? IIRC it was a cheap airsoft pistol.
That's the badger! I knew I hadn't lost all my marbles, as something seemed wrong, but couldn't put my finger on it.