Piss poor parking??

Had a Suzuki SJ in the 90's jack at towing.
As I found out when I left the rear bumper/trailer on the side of the road behind me.
Wife drives a 53 plate Toyota Yaris 110k on the clock and drives well.

My mechanically-attuned mind is causing me to think that either these brake or clutch cars are automatics or they're actually clutch or brakeandoutofgear cars.
Hyundai cars (manual) also won't start unless the clutch is depressed. Chap in the car park a while back with a hire car Hyundai had been trying for ages to start it. Push the clutch in and away it went.
I had a Hyundai IX35 1.6 petrol manual and the clutch had to be depressed before it started.
Autos, I think, need the brake pressed in. My Nissan X Trail even has a little picture on the dash with instructions to depress brake and then press the start button.

My mechanically-attuned mind is causing me to think that either these brake or clutch cars are automatics or they're actually clutch or brakeandoutofgear cars.
Mine is six forward and one back.
With a sticky up thing I wiggle about till it stops making a grinding noise

Speaking of which my Triumph (Tiger 800) needs clutch pulled in AND if I try and pull away with the side stand down the engine cuts out.

Oh and Qashqais also need clutch depressed to start, and Auris (so guessing all Toyota's) as well.
My Bellagio does that.
Because the side stand is very near the gear lever I have cut the engine by accident a couple of times.
I disabled the sidestand cutout on my 750 Breva and may do on the Bellagio.

My Bellagio does that.
Because the side stand is very near the gear lever I have cut the engine by accident a couple of times.
I disabled the sidestand cutout on my 750 Breva and may do on the Bellagio.
I don't think I've had a bike since the late 1980's that didn't have a sidestand cutout - various flavours of Yamaha and BMW.

Speaking of which my Triumph (Tiger 800) needs clutch pulled in AND if I try and pull away with the side stand down the engine cuts out.

Oh and Qashqais also need clutch depressed to start, and Auris (so guessing all Toyota's) as well.
Nope, I've got a Toyota Yaris and this thread is the first time I've ever heard of depressing the clutch prior to starting.

Is this a One Foot in the Grave thread, or a Car Park Spotters club?

My son's Yaris goes like hot snot!

Yaris.jpg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
samain11 The NAAFI Bar 78
Medic_Cop22 The NAAFI Bar 35
westendboy The NAAFI Bar 132