Piss poor parking??

YouTube"Russian car crashes" plenty there to provide proof that they do indeed tip over.

You watch those as well :)

Some of the drivers on those are frikkin mental. And to add, if they had a dink or argument, many stop in the middle of fast moving traffic to look at the damage or have a fight.

especially when the macho cnuts put sh*t like this on their 4x4s...
TOYOTA-HILUX-LEGEND-2021-REPLACEMENT-STEEL-BZT-BUMPER2-300x157.png
When I was a teenager in the 70s' my mate's dad had a Series 2a with a length of railway track welded up as a front bumper.

never understood it either (unless you're in the outback) , all it does is lower the towing or carriage weight
There’s a sub culture of people out there who are preparing for the end of the world or have volunteered as part of the 4x4 emergency response brigade.

They’re the type who are itching to demonstrate their winch.

There’s a few situations I can think a winch may be handy in the U.K., but non of which can’t be overcome by a friendly farmer with a tractor and £20 for towing you out.

Plauu you king devils advocate though. I can see organisations like national grid having winch’s fitted to their vehicles. Would their old vehicles sold on have winch’s fitted? Or would they take them off before selling on?

There’s a sub culture of people out there who are preparing for the end of the world or have volunteered as part of the 4x4 emergency response brigade.

There’s a few situations I can think a winch may be handy in the U.K., but non of which can’t be overcome by a friendly farmer with a tractor and £20 for towing you out.

Plauu you king devils advocate though. I can see organisations like national grid having winch’s fitted to their vehicles. Would their old vehicles sold on have winch’s fitted? Or would they take them off before selling on?
They also demand 2 way radio coverage that exceeds Bodie and Doyle's CI5's nation wide coverage..

1635193525589.png

load_fin

War Hero

NG & DNO's put winches on for pulling cables, rather than self recovery.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

I particularly enjoyed the tourists who would bring/rent 4x4s with every accessory such as winch, snorkel, sand unditching plates etc to do the NC500.
Not only do we have tarmac all the way around, there can be a long way between petrol stations* and it's not cheap!

* though there's usually a jerry can strapped to the vehicle somewhere. Often on the roof rack between some of the spare tyres!

I particularly enjoyed the tourists who would bring/rent 4x4s with every accessory such as winch, snorkel, sand unditching plates etc to do the NC500.
Not only do we have tarmac all the way around, there can be a long way between petrol stations* and it's not cheap!

* though there's usually a jerry can strapped to the vehicle somewhere. Often on the roof rack between some of the spare tyres!
Bit like the off roaders who come onto Salisbury Plain, big convoys hurtling about the tracks onto the Plain festooned with kit, only trouble is I could get my Fiesta up most of them.

Admittedly they do attempt some of the deeper water filled hollows that requires a 4x4 occasionally as evidenced by the number of bits of plastic ripped off from their vehicles.

All of course done in daylight with a good nights sleep rather than in the dark with no lights not having slept for 24 hrs.

ETA to get the drivers out of the library and onto the ground, thank you @DB216LOKDVR.

Last edited:
Bit like the off readers who come onto Salisbury Plain, big convoys hurtling about the tracks onto the Plain festooned with kit, only trouble is I could get my Fiesta up most of them.

Admittedly they do attempt some of the deeper water filled hollows that requires a 4x4 occasionally as evidenced by the number of bits of plastic ripped off from their vehicles.

All of course done in daylight with a good nights sleep rather than in the dark with no lights not having slept for 24 hrs.
READER'S!!!! Do they do it very quietly like in the Library.

They also demand 2 way radio coverage that exceeds Bodie and Doyle's CI5's nation wide coverage..

View attachment 611945
In the 1970's/1980's. I was very envious of C15's national wide radio coverage.

I struggled to be able to speak to the Op's Room from one side of the Kesh to the other on a Pye Handheld in 1979.

On a really good day I might be able to speak to HQ Lisburn on a C42 from the Kesh. (The trouble was the C42 would not fit into my flak jacket pockets. Prehaps not correct, the radio fitted but it was a struggle trying to fit the Land Rover Airportable into the other pocket!!!!!).

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Annoys me as well, damn child seats, makes it really awkward, as you can't get another passenger in the back, with 2 seats.

There must be a way of slimming the width of the sodding things
Simple, don't feed the kids so much!