Pish and Wind?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Flyinglow, Jun 10, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Pish and Wind?

Part of a article by Mark Steyn..

Mark Steyn("The Spectator")analyses the wildly disproportionate anger over the Gitmo guard whose urine accidentally made contact with a copy of the Koran.

Robert Mugabe destroyed a mosque the other day. This was in Hatcliffe Extension, a shanty town on the edge of Harare razed by the ‘police’. Mr Mugabe is an equal-opportunity razer: he also bulldozed a Catholic-run Aids centre. Indeed, his goons may have been entirely unaware of their act of Islamophobia. They just went in and totalled the lot, every house, every store, every building. The government destroyed the town in order to drive the locals into the countryside to live on the land stolen from white farmers. Quite how that’s meant to benefit any of the parties involved or the broader needs of Zimbabwe is beyond me, but then I’m no expert in Afro-Marxist economic theory.

The point is that the world’s Muslims seem entirely cool with Infidel Bob razing a mosque. Yet when fraudulent stories about the Koran being flushed down a toilet and other ‘desecrations’ of the Holy Book by US guards at Guantanamo are planted in the media, the planet goes bananas.

Read more:- www.spectator.co.uk/article.php?id=6226&page=1
  2. Spectator require registration - can you quote it in thread please?
  3. *Snip*

Once again , Cut and Pastes and copyright. The Spectator is free to register , it's worth it as there are quite a few good articles to be perused.

4. I wonder when the next leader of the Conservative Party will click and expend some of their funds on making Steyn the party's Media Liaison Operative, or whatever it is that that creature Alastair Campbell calls himself. I don't care what it would cost - I'd be happy to dip into my pocket for the cause.
  5. *Snip*

Sorry PTP

Still new to this, will remember next time. :oops:

And yes your right there are some good articles!

Right that's enough grovelling now :D