Pirbright snow!!

#1
Does anyone no how bad pirbright is affected by the snow as i have my selection monday and im now just hoping it doesnt get to bad so it doesnt get cancelled. If it does get to bad do i phone them saying i cant make it or do they phone me?
 
#2
04mayb said:
Does anyone no how bad pirbright is affected by the snow as i have my selection monday and im now just hoping it doesnt get to bad so it doesnt get cancelled. If it does get to bad do i phone them saying i cant make it or do they phone me?
Are you a man or a mouse?

Are you sure you want to join the Army?
 
#3
The_Snail said:
04mayb said:
Does anyone no how bad pirbright is affected by the snow as i have my selection monday and im now just hoping it doesnt get to bad so it doesnt get cancelled. If it does get to bad do i phone them saying i cant make it or do they phone me?
Are you a man or a mouse?

Are you sure you want to join the Army?
Im sure, but if you havent noticed the rail lines have been shut down due to weather meaning theres no way up to pirbright for me.
 
#4
04mayb said:
Does anyone no how bad pirbright is affected by the snow as i have my selection monday and im now just hoping it doesnt get to bad so it doesnt get cancelled. If it does get to bad do i phone them saying i cant make it or do they phone me?
Id get off the train in Redhill if I were you and yomp in carrying all your kit, turn up with a frosty tache and black finger tips and your in son !!

Get a grip lad ! F*ck me its the first days of the rest of your life, if half the course dont tip up because of snow chances are you'll get a couple of hours in the Naafi that night anyway
 
#5
reni_77 said:
04mayb said:
Does anyone no how bad pirbright is affected by the snow as i have my selection monday and im now just hoping it doesnt get to bad so it doesnt get cancelled. If it does get to bad do i phone them saying i cant make it or do they phone me?
Id get off the train in Redhill if I were you and yomp in carrying all your kit, turn up with a frosty tache and black finger tips and your in son !!

Get a grip lad ! F*ck me its the first days of the rest of your life, if half the course dont tip up because of snow chances are you'll get a couple of hours in the Naafi that night anyway
I dont mind the snow ive been running around in it for the last few days but ive read some posts saying its been cancelled due to weather so im just curious, i want to pass!!
 
#6
04mayb said:
reni_77 said:
04mayb said:
Does anyone no how bad pirbright is affected by the snow as i have my selection monday and im now just hoping it doesnt get to bad so it doesnt get cancelled. If it does get to bad do i phone them saying i cant make it or do they phone me?
Id get off the train in Redhill if I were you and yomp in carrying all your kit, turn up with a frosty tache and black finger tips and your in son !!

Get a grip lad ! F*ck me its the first days of the rest of your life, if half the course dont tip up because of snow chances are you'll get a couple of hours in the Naafi that night anyway
I dont mind the snow ive been running around in it for the last few days but ive read some posts saying its been cancelled due to weather so im just curious, i want to pass!!

Is there a phone number on the joining instructions?
 
#7
04mayb said:
The_Snail said:
04mayb said:
Does anyone no how bad pirbright is affected by the snow as i have my selection monday and im now just hoping it doesnt get to bad so it doesnt get cancelled. If it does get to bad do i phone them saying i cant make it or do they phone me?
Are you a man or a mouse?

Are you sure you want to join the Army?
Im sure, but if you havent noticed the rail lines have been shut down due to weather meaning theres no way up to pirbright for me.
08457 48 49 50

Is it that difficult?
 
#8
yer theres a number
 
#9
04mayb said:
reni_77 said:
04mayb said:
Does anyone no how bad pirbright is affected by the snow as i have my selection monday and im now just hoping it doesnt get to bad so it doesnt get cancelled. If it does get to bad do i phone them saying i cant make it or do they phone me?
Id get off the train in Redhill if I were you and yomp in carrying all your kit, turn up with a frosty tache and black finger tips and your in son !!

Get a grip lad ! F*ck me its the first days of the rest of your life, if half the course dont tip up because of snow chances are you'll get a couple of hours in the Naafi that night anyway
I dont mind the snow if been running around in it for the last few days but ive read some posts saying its been cancelled due to weather so im just curious
Well Im the senior Warrant Sargeant in charge of arrivals, wire me £20 and ill keep schtuum ! :D Try and get there mate if you can, failing that ring the gaurdroom AND your recruiter and inform as many people as you can that you cant get there but anticipate getting there in "........." hours, good luck mate.
 
#11
04mayb said:
Does anyone no how bad pirbright is affected by the snow as i have my selection monday and im now just hoping it doesnt get to bad so it doesnt get cancelled. If it does get to bad do i phone them saying i cant make it or do they phone me?
It's pretty clear - if you're driving no probs, as long as your not lead footed. If your doing the train, there are about five or six through Woking and Brookwood an hour, and many of the taxi drivers locally learnt to drive in the mountains of Aghanistan and Pakistan, so a dribbling of snow isn't a problem.

It's the army, not the after-school club, somehow can't see three or four inches disrupting your day. Unless The Snail is part of your welcome committee, rumour is that she's suffered under three or four inches before, apparantly. :)
 
#12
Chaps, if you cant be civil and informative then dont bother.

Simple question that requires advice. Just remember these are young kids who have only just finished school nevermind jumping on to trains across country and being away from home for the first time.
 
#13
The-Lord-Flasheart said:
04mayb said:
reni_77 said:
04mayb said:
Does anyone no how bad pirbright is affected by the snow as i have my selection monday and im now just hoping it doesnt get to bad so it doesnt get cancelled. If it does get to bad do i phone them saying i cant make it or do they phone me?
Id get off the train in Redhill if I were you and yomp in carrying all your kit, turn up with a frosty tache and black finger tips and your in son !!

Get a grip lad ! F*ck me its the first days of the rest of your life, if half the course dont tip up because of snow chances are you'll get a couple of hours in the Naafi that night anyway
I dont mind the snow ive been running around in it for the last few days but ive read some posts saying its been cancelled due to weather so im just curious, i want to pass!!

Is there a phone number on the joining instructions?
Thinking of enlisting?

You won't regret it, it is a great life full of challenges. Including the chance to fly helicopters, according to the adverts.
 
#14
04mayb said:
Does anyone no how bad pirbright is affected by the snow as i have my selection monday and im now just hoping it doesnt get to bad so it doesnt get cancelled. If it does get to bad do i phone them saying i cant make it or do they phone me?
Have you called them yet , what they say ? if not why not travel up on Saturday and use your initiative and stay in a B & B .

Best of luck .
 
#15
Disco said:
Chaps, if you cant be civil and informative then dont bother.

Simple question that requires advice. Just remember these are young kids who have only just finished school nevermind jumping on to trains across country and being away from home for the first time.
Ahem, I was nice, and have PM'd him.

Oh God, when will I stop this nicey thing?
 
#16
The_Snail said:
Disco said:
Chaps, if you cant be civil and informative then dont bother.

Simple question that requires advice. Just remember these are young kids who have only just finished school nevermind jumping on to trains across country and being away from home for the first time.
Ahem, I was nice, and have PM'd him.

Oh God, when will I stop this nicey thing?
Probably when you have another skinful :D
 
#17
The_Snail said:
Disco said:
Chaps, if you cant be civil and informative then dont bother.

Simple question that requires advice. Just remember these are young kids who have only just finished school nevermind jumping on to trains across country and being away from home for the first time.
Ahem, I was nice, and have PM'd him.

Oh God, when will I stop this nicey thing?
well, it can't be when hell freezes over.
 
#18
Cheers for the advice. I cant really stay in a b&b im only 16 lol, but im going to catch an earlier train to make sure im on time or if im lucky a little bit early
 
#19
Disco said:
Chaps, if you cant be civil and informative then dont bother.

Simple question that requires advice. Just remember these are young kids who have only just finished school nevermind jumping on to trains across country and being away from home for the first time.
Not sure if mine was one that prompted that. First para meets the criteria, paragraph two - sorry Snail.

And good luck at Pirbright on Monday for the original poster.
 
#20
04mayb said:
Cheers for the advice. I cant really stay in a b&b im only 16 lol, but im going to catch an earlier train to make sure im on time or if im lucky a little bit early
Apparently I was rude. :roll:

The point I was making was that instead of taking advice from this; a rumour site, you would be better advised to actually ring the official number provided on the joining instructions. They will be able to inform you if they are still operating. And as Snail suggests, cover your bases by ringing the various transport systems to see if they too are operational. Take it as your first lesson in initiative.

Wouldn't look terribly good if you said you didn't turn up because 'the internet said I didn't need to'. :wink:
 

Similar threads

Top