Pirbright iron 1200w phase 1

Hi I’m joining phase 1 shortly alaxander barracks pirbright and it states I can use a maximum of 1200watt iron which is terrible is this a must or can I take 2400w and they will be ok as it’s the closest I can get?

Hi I’m joining phase 1 shortly alaxander barracks pirbright and it states I can use a maximum of 1200watt iron which is terrible is this a must or can I take 2400w and they will be ok as it’s the closest I can get?

'Sergeant, double up the fire piquet when the new intake arrives.'

If there is a wattage limit, it'll be there for a reason.

Taking a higher wattage iron may cause the fuse in the accommodation to blow.

If there is a wattage limit, it'll be there for a reason.

Taking a higher wattage iron may cause the fuse in the accommodation to blow.
Yeah I’m just thinking will all 50 recruits bring 1200watt as ive bought one and certainly doesn’t do the job I might buy a good one and take that just incase

Do they specify a 5A round pin plug as well? Only the very old will know what I'm talking about. We had a 2 pin bayonet fitting that fitted in the light socket.

Yeah I’m just thinking will all 50 recruits bring 1200watt as ive bought one and certainly doesn’t do the job I might buy a good one and take that just incase
1200w iron (possibly lower wattage) got me through Sandhurst.

It is more likely to be user error if it's not pressing your clothes correctly.

FFS use your printer knock out a label that says 1200W on it and stick it over the 2400W label on the iron. Or, just remove the 2400W label and feign ignorance if anyone asks you about it.

All this fuss about irons. We chipped in and bought one for the room from the NAAFI and at the end of basic we drew straws to see who would keep it.

endure

GCM
There's nothing that gives a civvy more confidence in our armed forces than new joiners fretting about obeying orders ;-)

The bloke in the next bed pressed my kit while I bulled his boots.

Many's the time in later life I wished I'd watched how he did it.

FFS use your printer knock out a label that says 1200W on it and stick it over the 2400W label on the iron. Or, just remove the 2400W label and feign ignorance if anyone asks you about it.

All this fuss about irons. We chipped in and bought one for the room from the NAAFI and at the end of basic we drew straws to see who would keep it.
Same here, and when I lost the draw, I pissed in the iron. Now steam those barrack dress Smudge you ******!

Same here, and when I lost the draw, I pissed in the iron. Now steam those barrack dress Smudge you ******!

There was ar real knobber turned up for his B1 clerical course at Deepcut whilst I was there for my A1 trade upgrading. He was in a 4 man room with a mate of mine and a couple of others. They took it upon themselves to piss in his shampoo and bodywash bottles. One of the three must have had some really nasty lurgy cos <med centre visit> the bloke broke out in a serious rash within a week of using the urine enhaced products.

Last edited:

TamH70

MIA

That wouldn't have worked in the Recruit Troops I was part of. We all hated each other. It wouldn't have been straws, it would have been pistols at dawn assuming they ever let us near any.

Latest Threads