Pirbright fitness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

I know this thread has probably been recycled countless times before already, but I'm just curious as to what fitness level I should be at by the time I start basic (early Feb), as an Air Tech, and what I can expect in my first few weeks?

I'm doing 5k+ runs every other day, with 20-30 mile bike rides or a fitness circuit in between. Surprisingly though, I can never really manage to get my mile and a half below 10:30. Fastest I've done it in so far is 10:50... Got the shortest legs going, and my mate who I train takes 2 strides to my 3. Figured that's got to be something to do with it. Just curious as to whether I'll be penalised for that or not, and whether I should be well prepped for phase 1 keeping at this level of training?

Any feed back would be appreciated. Cheers!

Hi guys,

I know this thread has probably been recycled countless times before already, but I'm just curious as to what fitness level I should be at by the time I start basic (early Feb), as an Air Tech, and what I can expect in my first few weeks?

I'm doing 5k+ runs every other day, with 20-30 mile bike rides or a fitness circuit in between. Surprisingly though, I can never really manage to get my mile and a half below 10:30. Fastest I've done it in so far is 10:50... Got the shortest legs going, and my mate who I train takes 2 strides to my 3. Figured that's got to be something to do with it. Just curious as to whether I'll be penalised for that or not, and whether I should be well prepped for phase 1 keeping at this level of training?

Any feed back would be appreciated. Cheers!
As fit as you can be. Run, run and run some more, using a variety of long slow, short fast and interval training. Intersperse with some weight sessions and ab work and just be as fit as possible. Length of legs has very little to do with it. I know plenty of short arrses that can crack 8 minutes.

E

EScotia

If you can do your 1.5 miles in 10.50 now then you will most likely do it a lot faster during your basic training. As AOS says, length of legs has no bearing on the times you can reach so don't look for excuses or reasons, you will improve your time given encouragement, application and the right attitude.

The_Duke

LE
Head over to the recruiting board. There are sticky threads dedicated to fitness and Pirbright. Please head over and join in rather than creating another duplicate thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.