Pirbright / 4 Div Summer Challenge

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by The_Cheat, Jul 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. IIRC this has already started and the wee lads and lasses are doing their thing... Does any one know what date the CIC stage starts?

Many thanks

T C
  2. Yes - Why do you wanna know?
  3. Thanks for the massively helpfull reply mate!

One of my Lads is going on that phase and he's unsure of the exact start date.

T C
  4. Sent you a PM
  5. Pretty certain nobody is specifically booked for the CIC phase only - there maybe some places available but these won't be known till at least the end of next week
    PS CIC phase starts 9th August
  6. Has your bloke been informed as to whether he is attending this phase of SC?
  7. Don't worry about it - been told there are no places being allocated onto this phase although knowing that there have been drop outs of Phase 1A/1B I'm surprised they wouldn't want to fill the gaps to make the CIC phase better attended.
  8. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

I did enquire about getting a couple of our lads down for the CIC phase to save them waiting till ITC cadres start up again Oct, but was told no dice. Like yourself, I would have thought that the numbers game would have meant an open door.
  9. From what I was told they were only taking additional onto CIC phase if the numbers dropped below the optimum/planned loading of 30, they havent so they aren't taking any extra
  10. I was told that 9 had dropped out of the Infantry phase of 1A/1B or were these the Corp lot?
  11. Something like that but they had used the TAPO "spare" places to start with 40 ish for the 1A&B Infantry cohort (plus the same for non infantry) - hence why they are still above the mythical 30 for CIC