Pirbright 2020 sticky - all Pirbright chat in here

Swt16

Clanker
They’ve had to “pause” basic training intakes, was meant to start 31st of March

It should be. On the statement they said it has been “paused” so hopefully the current intake groups will just roll over on to the next available date and so on, I’m too thinking this as I was meant to start basic on March 31st.
I'm meant to be starting 19th April, so hopefully this all gets sorted and doesnt delay it much

estwist

Clanker
Yeah I'm 19th of April, and haven't been cancelled as of yet, guess they're holding out a little more or just I haven't had my call yet.

Swt16

Clanker
Yeah I'm 19th of April, and haven't been cancelled as of yet, guess they're holding out a little more or just I haven't had my call yet.
I spoke to my recruiter and he said as far as he knows all days have been cancelled so should get a call confirming it soon

S7015642F

Swinger
I spoke to my recruiter and he said as far as he knows all days have been cancelled so should get a call confirming it soon
Those who were at training already have been told to go back on/around the 4th May but could be waiting longer if needs to be

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Swt16

Clanker
Those who were at training already have been told to go back on/around the 4th May but could be waiting longer if needs to be

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I just had the phone call saying that the dates have been cancelled but they dont know when its likely to be for a new one

Scallom

Swinger
Does anyone know what the longest run is that you will do during pt?
3 miles (at least based on my experiences)

Although one of the hardest running session we had was a (distance run - cant remember what it was might have been the 3 miles!) then 400 metre sprints doing it in pairs alternating - i think we did at least 8 each!

Swt16

Clanker
3 miles (at least based on my experiences)

Although one of the hardest running session we had was a (distance run - cant remember what it was might have been the 3 miles!) then 400 metre sprints doing it in pairs alternating - i think we did at least 8 each!
That sounds brutal! Was it then 3 miles or whatever it was back or just the run out and back then the sprints?

Scallom

Swinger
That sounds brutal! Was it then 3 miles or whatever it was back or just the run out and back then the sprints?
the run was around the complex and then we had the sprints around a few buildings - most stuff is done in a specifically designed location.

The tab the next day was hard! Was only 3 miles but we were battered already from the past few days of exercise.

Swt16

Clanker
the run was around the complex and then we had the sprints around a few buildings - most stuff is done in a specifically designed location.

The tab the next day was hard! Was only 3 miles but we were battered already from the past few days of exercise.
Okay cheers, do you have pt every day?

Quick question

I was meant to start basic training on the March 29th, obviously that didn’t happen however the final job straight after assessment centre, Ive received was crewman 101 (RAC) but I want to go into the light Dragoons (light cavalry RAC) is this still the same or does it matter? just rather change it now rather than later on when it all resumes.

Bobby_Bert

Old-Salt
Quick question

I was meant to start basic training on the March 29th, obviously that didn’t happen however the final job straight after assessment centre, Ive received was crewman 101 (RAC) but I want to go into the light Dragoons (light cavalry RAC) is this still the same or does it matter? just rather change it now rather than later on when it all resumes.
I suspect that is the wording for entry level RAC. Nonetheless, if you are concerned you should ask your career manager via your recruitment portal.

Covid 19 will have undoubtedly impacted the recruitment process and replies may be delayed however they will answer. It’s best to ask and get a clear response.

Use the extra time you have now to work on your phys. Every cloud and all.

Best of luck.

I suspect that is the wording for entry level RAC. Nonetheless, if you are concerned you should ask your career manager via your recruitment portal.

Covid 19 will have undoubtedly impacted the recruitment process and replies may be delayed however they will answer. It’s best to ask and get a clear response.

Use the extra time you have now to work on your phys. Every cloud and all.

Best of luck.
Thank you for your reply And I will do

newbie1810

Swinger
still awaiting date for phase 1 intake lockdown has all gyms shut but have equipment at home and roads to run anyone got any targets to be hitting fitness wise to make sure the correct fitness prep is being done for phase 1 generally just doing 5-6km steady runs getting 10kg tab in once a week over the sand dunes here and hitting body weight circuits to stay active any tips appreciated

Swt16

Clanker
still awaiting date for phase 1 intake lockdown has all gyms shut but have equipment at home and roads to run anyone got any targets to be hitting fitness wise to make sure the correct fitness prep is being done for phase 1 generally just doing 5-6km steady runs getting 10kg tab in once a week over the sand dunes here and hitting body weight circuits to stay active any tips appreciated
Are you doing any interval runs?

Latest Threads