Pirbright 2020 sticky - all Pirbright chat in here

Just to give anyone an update. We rang my son's recruiting officer on Thursday asking about his start date. He had a direct call with my son the same day and today he has received an email with a start date of 2 August. This date was likely given to him to give him the opportunity to finish his current Carpentry and Joinery Diploma which finishes in June.

S7015642F

Swinger
Anyone got any ideas what intakes are like for combat medic? Apparently I’ve heard there is a massive waiting list but when I’ve went to AFCO they said to wait till April for new training year as this could not be true.

Also has anyone got insight from what to expect from Pirbright regarding fitness?

Jam12bix

Clanker
Anyone got any ideas what intakes are like for combat medic? Apparently I’ve heard there is a massive waiting list but when I’ve went to AFCO they said to wait till April for new training year as this could not be true.

Also has anyone got insight from what to expect from Pirbright regarding fitness?
Wait training year start in April ? I thought i started in April

Blue22

Crow
Just going through the kit list and my question is....is it important to bring a ironing board or will there be some already there Which I can just use?
Many thanks,
There are some here already but they're in shit state and every night you'll be scampering for one along with the others. It's best to bring your own.

All Basic Training intakes will continue as planned.
29th March is my starting date at pirbright I will be travelling by train however with all the panicking and closing travelling and London going into lockdown do you think basic training will still run ?

amnesia

Old-Salt
29th March is my starting date at pirbright I will be travelling by train however with all the panicking and closing travelling and London going into lockdown do you think basic training will still run ?
Nope - you will likely be told tomorrow.

Despite assurances yesterday that March BT would continue, it is stopping immediately.

amnesia

Old-Salt
So no basic training?
No, apparently start dates will likely be moved to later in the year....still a lot of moving parts and decisions being made (well above my pay grade).

This isnt official yet but will be tomorrow, I would imagine.

These are unprecedented times.

Blue22

Crow
Small update: pirbright has been closed until, approx may so all recruits are being sent home with most persons expected to leave tomorrow.

S7015642F

Swinger
This was taken from British Army fb page,

Due to the developing COVID 19 situation, and based on current Government advice, we have had to pause face-to-face recruiting and basic training operations. These measures will not affect the British Army’s ability to support the Nation as required at this challenging time. Be reassured that the British Army is still recruiting, the process will continue ‘virtually’ and we are working on a different way to run our assessments which avoids bringing together large groups of candidates. Basic Training will begin again as soon as conditions allow.

All candidates, recruits and their families are being informed. We recognise how difficult and worrying this will be for all concerned. Any recruit in training who is affected will retain their place in training. Those who are due to start training will be given a new start date as soon as possible and all other candidates will be kept informed as the situation develops.

Swt16

Swinger
No, apparently start dates will likely be moved to later in the year....still a lot of moving parts and decisions being made (well above my pay grade).

This isnt official yet but will be tomorrow, I would imagine.

These are unprecedented times.
Once it reopens will the people who current date is say April be given a date before peoples date who is May for example or will it start all over again ?

Yhtony

Swinger
This was taken from British Army fb page,

Due to the developing COVID 19 situation, and based on current Government advice, we have had to pause face-to-face recruiting and basic training operations. These measures will not affect the British Army’s ability to support the Nation as required at this challenging time. Be reassured that the British Army is still recruiting, the process will continue ‘virtually’ and we are working on a different way to run our assessments which avoids bringing together large groups of candidates. Basic Training will begin again as soon as conditions allow.

All candidates, recruits and their families are being informed. We recognise how difficult and worrying this will be for all concerned. Any recruit in training who is affected will retain their place in training. Those who are due to start training will be given a new start date as soon as possible and all other candidates will be kept informed as the situation develops.

They’ve had to “pause” basic training intakes, was meant to start 31st of March
Once it reopens will the people who current date is say April be given a date before peoples date who is May for example or will it start all over again ?
It should be. On the statement they said it has been “paused” so hopefully the current intake groups will just roll over on to the next available date and so on, I’m too thinking this as I was meant to start basic on March 31st.

Latest Threads