Pirbright 2020 sticky - all Pirbright chat in here

Kaytemonn

Clanker
Just to let everyone know you DON'T have to pay for the tracksuit and the general items for £58 everyone gets it all issued for free. But i do recommend you buy extra twisters and bungee cords

Cfc1603

Clanker
I have got 2 months till I start at Pirbright and currently running 3 times aweek, does anyone recommend adding an extra day or keeping it at 3?

Email

Clanker
5/6 miles twice a week and hill sprints the other day
I wouldn't add more to that because it would incease chances of injury. However, if you feel like you need to add more cardio then I suggest swimming, it is a great form of cardio and is quite good fun aswell in my opinion.
Also, do you do any strength training in a gym? Although running is the most important aspect of fitness in the military, strength is also important. Remember to be careful to avoid injury.

Last edited:

Cfc1603

Clanker
I wouldn't add more to that because it would incease chances of injury. However, if you feel like you need to add more cardio then I suggest swimming, it is a great form of cardio and is quite good fun aswell in my opinion.
Also, do you do any strength training in a gym? Although running is the most important aspect of fitness in the military, strength is also important. Remember to be careful to avoid injury.
I'll stick with what I am doing then and yeah I go gym 2 sometimes 3 times a week

Blue22

Crow
Hi all, can someone tell me where can I get a good, warm and waterproof outdoor coat from the kit list; to be worn when visiting military cemeteries?

Delivered 1 x ironing board and one Grandson to Pirbright this afternoon. Was impressed by the smart young men who arrived with him all well dressed, compared to what is outside. recruits all marching about in smart military manner. On way to excellent and informative parents brief, self and Mrs got slightly lost but were given directions by a polite, confident and articulate young female recruit. We both left with the feeling that the Army has the next generation as good as any in the past.

Just to let everyone know you DON'T have to pay for the tracksuit and the general items for £58 everyone gets it all issued for free. But i do recommend you buy extra twisters and bungee cords
What is the difference if you don’t buy the tracksuit? Will you ever wear it outside of your accommodation?
Start on Sunday and just unsure on how money I will need to take with me as it says £50 or so for the tracksuit and then other money for general items, will things like bungees and tent pegs be provided anyway?

What is the difference if you don’t buy the tracksuit? Will you ever wear it outside of your accommodation?
Start on Sunday and just unsure on how money I will need to take with me as it says £50 or so for the tracksuit and then other money for general items, will things like bungees and tent pegs be provided anyway?
Hi I'm starting Sunday too I'd already got these little bits before seeing this but suppose having spares won't hurt if they do end up being provided - as for the tracksuit I don't know if we have to pay for it or it's being provided after seeing this

Hi I'm starting Sunday too I'd already got these little bits before seeing this but suppose having spares won't hurt if they do end up being provided - as for the tracksuit I don't know if we have to pay for it or it's being provided after seeing this
Ye always good to have extra I suppose, There just a few things I’m unsure about as the Career centre is telling me one thing and I’ve had an email telling me other things, the email said things like torches and tent pegs are all necessary but then at the meeting i had to go at the career centre they just said things like clothes and washing up products etc. I’ve got most things of the list anyway but got a feeling I’ll end not using half of itAlso, what are you going in for?

Ye always good to have extra I suppose, There just a few things I’m unsure about as the Career centre is telling me one thing and I’ve had an email telling me other things, the email said things like torches and tent pegs are all necessary but then at the meeting i had to go at the career centre they just said things like clothes and washing up products etc. I’ve got most things of the list anyway but got a feeling I’ll end not using half of itAlso, what are you going in for?
Have to sell any bits I dont use on Ebay
I've had the same confusion went to my doctors for an NHS card and they looked at me really baffled when I checked with recruiter they said I just needed NHS number dont worry about a card
Going in for RMP how about you?

Have to sell any bits I dont use on Ebay
I've had the same confusion went to my doctors for an NHS card and they looked at me really baffled when I checked with recruiter they said I just needed NHS number dont worry about a card
Going in for RMP how about you?
Okay thanks, that was something else that threw me a bit, I’ll make sure I get that & and I’m going in for the signals, how is your fitness? Just trying to compare mine, as I’m not super fit but should be okay for basic, I’m doing my 1.2 mile in about 8:30 give or take and about 45 press ups in one go

Cfc1603

Clanker
Okay thanks, that was something else that threw me a bit, I’ll make sure I get that & and I’m going in for the signals, how is your fitness? Just trying to compare mine, as I’m not super fit but should be okay for basic, I’m doing my 1.2 mile in about 8:30 give or take and about 45 press ups in one go
I'm good with my run time but I'm struggling with press up, anything you recommend to improve them?