Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pirbright 2020 sticky - all Pirbright chat in here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering with boris announcing lockdown till 1st December next week am I gonna get my intake date (15th November) delayed or will it still be continued with measures in place

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk
I have spoken to my Candidate Support Manager and he has said:

The chances of delayed intake is quite low. Intakes are going ahead, when you arrive you will go into a small group of 6-8 people (section) and isolate for 14 days then you will go into a larger group (not a huge group) for basic training.

When Christmas hits, you will go home and when you come back, you will go back into a small group POD and then go into the larger group when the 14 days are up again.

RAF are doing the same and it's working without any problems and that is what the army think they are going to do. But if the Cabinet instructs it has to stop then it will stop.

All lies with BOJO unfortunately and given he's fairly anti-lockdown and is only conceding to pressure, I am sure he is going to allow key workers and necessary workers (which the army is) to continue as normal as best they can.

Tookz

Clanker
It’s not to bad in my troop anyways. We weren’t allowed to the shops till week 4 and still can’t go to papa johns till after EX HALFWAY as training team does things differently. They get stricter on locker inspections and timings but have more free time in the evenings. Ex first nights isn’t hard unless you are late and unorganised

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My is the opposite I haven't had locker inspection in weeks and didn't really have that many tbh

I have spoken to my Candidate Support Manager and he has said:

The chances of delayed intake is quite low. Intakes are going ahead, when you arrive you will go into a small group of 6-8 people (section) and isolate for 14 days then you will go into a larger group (not a huge group) for basic training.

When Christmas hits, you will go home and when you come back, you will go back into a small group POD and then go into the larger group when the 14 days are up again.

RAF are doing the same and it's working without any problems and that is what the army think they are going to do. But if the Cabinet instructs it has to stop then it will stop.

All lies with BOJO unfortunately and given he's fairly anti-lockdown and is only conceding to pressure, I am sure he is going to allow key workers and necessary workers (which the army is) to continue as normal as best they can.
Cheers really helpful

I'm wondering with boris announcing lockdown till 1st December next week am I gonna get my intake date (15th November) delayed or will it still be continued with measures in place

My son is due to start at Pirbright this Sunday 8th Nov....we're wondering the same thing.

Has anyone recently been through the medical they do at the start of phase 1? If so can you give me a run down as I've heard it's just blood jabs eyes and hearing and I've also heard it's a more in depth one. Any help appreciated

IceKing

Old-Salt
Has anyone recently been through the medical they do at the start of phase 1? If so can you give me a run down as I've heard it's just blood jabs eyes and hearing and I've also heard it's a more in depth one. Any help appreciated

It’s easy and short mate less than the assessment one

Mr Simba

Swinger
My son started basic training yesterday does anyone know if there is a closed facebook group for parents to follow?
Your son will pass details of his troops Facebook group to you.
If it’s anything like my sons then it’s. it really worth bothering with, but that depends on his training staff.

Anyone able to offer advice- my son just started- hes struggling and hes not comfortable asking for help from the people in his barracks as they aren't very talkative and hes too nervous of asking the trainers?

Anyone able to offer advice- my son just started- hes struggling and hes not comfortable asking for help from the people in his barracks as they aren't very talkative and hes too nervous of asking the trainers?
What is he struggling with?

The others being a bit cagey and quiet is normal. They will all open up and soon start taking the piss/helping/laughing together. Especially after they share some hardships with each other during their training.

Training teams can be initimidating at first, but he needs to remember they are there to train him, and will help as much as they can, they just need to be asked. Also he will struggle at first, we all did, but it will start clicking for him at some point.

Last edited:
What is he struggling with?

The others being a but cagey and quiet is normal. They will all open up and soon start taking the piss/helping/laughing together. Especially after they share some hardships with each other during their training.

Training teams can be initimidating at first, but he needs to remember they are there to train him, and will help as much as they can, they just need to be asked. Also he will struggle at first, we all did, but it will start clicking for him at some point.
Thank you- I have told him the first couple of weeks would be the hardest due to the routines etc - hes doesn't feel like hes clever enough for the tests etc, hes the youngest in his barracks and hes scared he does anything wrong.....

Thank you- I have told him the first couple of weeks would be the hardest due to the routines etc - hes doesn't feel like hes clever enough for the tests etc, hes the youngest in his barracks and hes scared he does anything wrong.....
Ah the same thing I worried about too. Doing things wrong will happen, but that's the point of training. The bit that his training team are looking for is, does he learn from those mistakes, can he apply that learnt lesson to other situations, is he giving his 100% best effort at all time.

He shouldn't worry about being clever enough. He passed the standards for his chosen capbadge, so the army has considered him bright enough to spend their money on him to train him.

In no time at all, he'll be on the parade square wondering why he was so worried about it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads