Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pirbright 2020 sticky - all Pirbright chat in here

Feels like they’re throwing info at us left right and centre with no process or revision time. Do you get much evening time after week 2-3 to actually study lessons and crack on with admin ?

Ye I’m in week 6 and after week 4 is when it started relaxing a bit and giving us more time in the evenings to do admin etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Week 1 is the easiest week - starting soon you will get pushed for timings and start marching around and going on exercise which is hard

It’s not to bad in my troop anyways. We weren’t allowed to the shops till week 4 and still can’t go to papa johns till after EX HALFWAY as training team does things differently. They get stricter on locker inspections and timings but have more free time in the evenings. Ex first nights isn’t hard unless you are late and unorganised

newbie1810

Swinger
It’s not to bad in my troop anyways. We weren’t allowed to the shops till week 4 and still can’t go to papa johns till after EX HALFWAY as training team does things differently. They get stricter on locker inspections and timings but have more free time in the evenings. Ex first nights isn’t hard unless you are late and unorganised

Thanks just struggling atm thinking every week is like the first haha

Sflynn1970

Swinger
Phase 1 is no joke 1 week in and all we’ve done is iorn and drill feet are throbbing and head is melting trying to process all the information. Hopefully is gets a bit easier with routine. Anyone any tips is appreciated
My son is about to go into week 4. He found week one tough as it’s is definitely a shock to the system. But now he has got into a routine and is really enjoying it. It’s hard work but determined to get through it.

newbie1810

Swinger
My son is about to go into week 4. He found week one tough as it’s is definitely a shock to the system. But now he has got into a routine and is really enjoying it. It’s hard work but determined to get through it.

Thanks. Just feel like there’s no time to learn the things they teach us and get a bollocking for not learning it etc etc

Thanks. Just feel like there’s no time to learn the things they teach us and get a bollocking for not learning it etc etc
Welcome to phase one training. Don't forget though, your section commanders are actually there to help too. You just have to pluck up the courage to admit you are struggling to them, and ask for it.

Trust me, they really do want you to do well. Mine was a PWRR Cpl, who thrashed us around like nobody's business, but one day on exercise, sat us all down and explained that he was hard on us as he didn't want to be sat at home one day, see our name/picture show up on the news. From that moment, the section really started to click and get it.

You'll get there, just keep giving it 100%

newbie1810

Swinger
So anyone who’s been to pirbright over covid and had to do the blue and green bands and tips and advice would be appreciated even if it’s private messages. Thanks.

Sflynn1970

Swinger
So anyone who’s been to pirbright over covid and had to do the blue and green bands and tips and advice would be appreciated even if it’s private messages. Thanks.
From what I know from my son is that you get given blue bands as soon as you arrive and then you stay within your section for 2 weeks and then as long as no one has any symptoms you move to green bands after the first 2 weeks.

I'm wondering with boris announcing lockdown till 1st December next week am I gonna get my intake date (15th November) delayed or will it still be continued with measures in place

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

Latest Threads