Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pirbright 2020 sticky - all Pirbright chat in here

I suppose it would depend on the country's situation more than anything - If a full lockdown is put in place, they'd have to weigh up the chance of people catching the virus when people travelling home and at home and then brining it back or having to stop their training half way through - As someone who's at the same intake as Kieran yes the dates do line up for a 2 week break, with Christmas being in roughly the middle of it

Kvami

Swinger
I’ve got a 3100w iron. Is that going to be a problem? Anyone got an idea on this ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burt13

Swinger
Tbh I don’t see it being that much of a problem, the wattage they tell you to get is like a travel iron and that won’t iron out any creases in a hurry.

Sflynn1970

Swinger
Tbh I don’t see it being that much of a problem, the wattage they tell you to get is like a travel iron and that won’t iron out any creases in a hurry.
I think we bought one that was double the wattage they said but it was also half price so that made our decision for us.

Sflynn1970

Swinger
Very last minute question, I am sure I had seen it somewhere before but I can't seem to find it. On the kit list it says to bring an outdoor wrist watch. I think someone previously had suggested a cheaper Casio watch that was the best watch to get for the basic training.

Mr Simba

Swinger
Very last minute question, I am sure I had seen it somewhere before but I can't seem to find it. On the kit list it says to bring an outdoor wrist watch. I think someone previously had suggested a cheaper Casio watch that was the best watch to get for the basic training.
Casio F91W is the watch I think you are referring to. My son is currently at Pirbright and that’s the one he took after checking these forums.

Sflynn1970

Swinger
Casio F91W is the watch I think you are referring to. My son is currently at Pirbright and that’s the one he took after checking these forums.
Thanks, I have managed to find one very similar version Casio W-59-1VQES which looks like is a mens version of the unisex F91W. Didn't want to get anything too fancy.

Stokesj1

Swinger
I’ve got a 3100w iron. Is that going to be a problem? Anyone got an idea on this ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What they said to me when I arrived 12 weeks ago is that the iron wattage they say is for the room but you are able to use a higher wattage in the utility room and other areas not inside your room. Best option is to also buy an iron that is a single unit not one that has a docking station

Sent from my CPH1911 using Tapatalk

Stokesj1

Swinger
Thanks, I have managed to find one very similar version Casio W-59-1VQES which looks like is a mens version of the unisex F91W. Didn't want to get anything too fancy.
You are best going with a cheap Casio watch as when you go on exercise you are going to need something that can stand the elements better than yourself and is cheap and easy to replace when it gets lost or broken

Sflynn1970

Swinger
You are best going with a cheap Casio watch as when you go on exercise you are going to need something that can stand the elements better than yourself and is cheap and easy to replace when it gets lost or broken

Thanks. Got a £25 Casio so all goo. Last minute packing now and good to go on Sunday

Latest Threads