Pirbright 2020 sticky - all Pirbright chat in here

Ignacio

Crow
Basically lads from what my recruiter has told me , once you've finished your self isolation period your free to mingle with other groups that have also self isolated but your not allowed to leave camp until training has finished so unfortunately no families weekend etc. Ill let you know more when I find out as one of my school mates goes to pirbright tomorrow (if he can get onto his phone ).
I'm going in tomorrow. Had it confirmed by section commander no long weekend! It's more due to the condensed training I think, as we're already losing 2 weeks!

Last edited:

estwist

On ROPS
On ROPs
Basically lads from what my recruiter has told me , once you've finished your self isolation period your free to mingle with other groups that have also self isolated but your not allowed to leave camp until training has finished so unfortunately no families weekend etc. Ill let you know more when I find out as one of my school mates goes to pirbright tomorrow (if he can get onto his phone ).
Just one point, its not prison nor is it school. Your phone is a part of your kit list for a reason.

estwist

On ROPS
On ROPs
Exactly for some people contact with home Is the only way they get through training
Yup your phone is kept in lockers during the day, assuming Pirbright is the same as Catterick but after 5 or 6pm pretty much free reign on your devices bar the obvious if your on exercise, no contact with home. PM your FB name if you want mate as were both in 16th of August.

kieran157

Swinger
Would anyone happen to have the most recent kit list,Im starting on the 9th august and ive still not been sent one yet. Im aware of an older version on ATC Pirbright webpage but i belive there is a newer version,Also if anyone happens to have the info PDF if its usefull as not sure what i need i get the same anwser when i call up the NRC"ill get it next week" somethings take longer than a couple of weeks to arrive
Thanks in advance

estwist

On ROPS
On ROPs
Would anyone happen to have the most recent kit list,Im starting on the 9th august and ive still not been sent one yet. Im aware of an older version on ATC Pirbright webpage but i belive there is a newer version,Also if anyone happens to have the info PDF if its usefull as not sure what i need i get the same anwser when i call up the NRC"ill get it next week" somethings take longer than a couple of weeks to arrive
Thanks in advance
Its not really recruit specific, but I don't know if its something just thrown about, call the recruitment line and ask one be sent to you while your on the phone. Easily done.

kieran157

Swinger
they keep saying ill get one next week and apparently thats the same for everyone else thats going on the 9th but ive heard people who are going latert than me have got theres

estwist

On ROPS
On ROPs
they keep saying ill get one next week and apparently thats the same for everyone else thats going on the 9th but ive heard people who are going latert than me have got theres
I go on 16th and I have mine, ring them up tomorrow if no joy you can show me proof and i will send you mine

kieran157

Swinger
I go on 16th and I have mine, ring them up tomorrow if no joy you can show me proof and i will send you mine
Its mainly just the joining instructions mate that im more bothered about like the kit list as not 100% sure what i need to buy. As for the info PDF i was told it was something about covid or something i dont know if its even important
Not sure how id show proof haha

Lars2183

Crow
Its mainly just the joining instructions mate that im more bothered about like the kit list as not 100% sure what i need to buy. As for the info PDF i was told it was something about covid or something i dont know if its even important
Not sure how id show proof haha
don't bother showing proof, just ask for the kit list, it can be found on the web i believe so i'm not sure why anyone would apply OPSEC to it :/
"https://www.army.mod.uk/umbraco/Surface/Download/Get/11445" paste that in ur browser for the May '19 version anyways.

Joeyy13

Swinger
No I didn't but I had hoped to go in around July time after my exams. What are you going in for?
Oh brilliant, worked out great for you then . Good luck on Sunday!
I'm going for Army Air Corp, I've got my selection on the 13th-14th August

Latest Threads