Pirbright 2020 sticky - all Pirbright chat in here

What ages are you all? I feel abit old going in at 24 lol considering most of the people in my AC was 18 or 19 ,also i start the 13th of September and my training has been cut to 12 weeks
Don't worry mate. I'm 33 and start BT in October. I will be 34 before I finish basic in February.

Swt16

Clanker
I agree mate. I am physically and mentally stronger than I was 15 years ago. Really looking forward to the challenge . Good luck
Yes definitely mate, I have my daughter so I'm alot more mature and know alot more about myself than I would have if I had joined in my teens

kidinashed

Clanker
I’ve got my intake date the 27th of September at Pirbright, Anyone else for this date or around this date? Anyone I can also talk to for advice as I’m very nervous

estwist

On ROPS
On ROPs
9th August yesterday? thats f'ed up so close to the date.. Unless they've now decided to up the number of recruits in training. Anyone else 16th of August?

estwist

On ROPS
On ROPs
I'm 16th mate ‍♂
Think its just us two mate. Hopefully we end up in the same section, did you see the additional information pdf file in your portal? We are operating solely as rooms for first 14 days because of Covid. I'm assuming its like 5 people per room. If the intakes are halved it means there will be like 15 people per platoon.

Swt16

Clanker
Think its just us two mate. Hopefully we end up in the same section, did you see the additional information pdf file in your portal? We are operating solely as rooms for first 14 days because of Covid. I'm assuming its like 5 people per room. If the intakes are halved it means there will be like 15 people per platoon.
Yeah I had a quick read through it, how is it going to work with tabbing etc which is normal a bigger group of us

Swt16

Clanker
I know they currently aren't doing family day but do you know if we still get the long weekend or if we have to stay on camp

kieran157

Swinger
does anyone else have any massive issues with there application, had security clearance cancelled , not recived a new form, no joining instructions and kit lists and any pdfs or files. cant talk to my CSM as hes never in and seem to get told that ill recive it next week,every time . im joining on the 9/08/20 what do i do

Jvkspr

Swinger
I know they currently aren't doing family day but do you know if we still get the long weekend or if we have to stay on camp
Basically lads from what my recruiter has told me , once you've finished your self isolation period your free to mingle with other groups that have also self isolated but your not allowed to leave camp until training has finished so unfortunately no families weekend etc. Ill let you know more when I find out as one of my school mates goes to pirbright tomorrow (if he can get onto his phone ).

Jvkspr

Swinger
Basically lads from what my recruiter has told me , once you've finished your self isolation period your free to mingle with other groups that have also self isolated but your not allowed to leave camp until training has finished so unfortunately no families weekend etc. Ill let you know more when I find out as one of my school mates goes to pirbright tomorrow (if he can get onto his phone ).
But thats all subject to covid it could change at any time.

Latest Threads