Pirbright 2020 sticky - all Pirbright chat in here

I was told they’ll ask me information on the job role I am going for? Did they not ask you?
Maybe they usually do but I wasn't quizzed on the regiment I was going for. I was only asked if I still wanted that job role. Even if you are asked it won't be in depth and won't be a quiz. By the interview you've already been graded and would have to do something stupid to change your grade mid interview.

Hi all, Have anyone recently been to the AC if so can you let me know what sort of question they’ll ask you in your final interview? So I can be prepare for it, Thanks
I went in January, basically its on how you did, what your plans are for future, job roles, they'll ask about your hobbies and ask you about them, they'll also ask you what you know about your job choice as well as CDRILS and the core elements of phase 1 training and certain aspects about your job roles phase 2 training and what you want to get out of the army by the time you finish your career if you are going for the full career or if you're only doing a shorter career and what you'll do afterwards, ask about AT and other courses that you can develop yourself in and do some research on them

Lars2183

Crow
I was told they’ll ask me information on the job role I am going for? Did they not ask you?
I was told to prepare a lot for all the tasks at the AC. The Careers Office I think generally, or at least in my case, seems to present the AC as having a high preparation, high risk atmosphere; however it really doesn't and as long as you've read the page for your job choice on the army's website and aren't a twat to be around, you'll probably get an A.

I was told to prepare a lot for all the tasks at the AC. The Careers Office I think generally, or at least in my case, seems to present the AC as having a high preparation, high risk atmosphere; however it really doesn't and as long as you've read the page for your job choice on the army's website and aren't a twat to be around, you'll probably get an A.
yh mate it really wasn't for me, team tasks were pretty fun and in general it wasn't very high strung type of thing, just listen to instructions well, give it 110% and don't be a twat and you'll be good. only thing I would say is learn how to make a bed properly and listen to how they tell you to fold sheets and lay out of the bed with fresh ones and how to lay out the room, open windows, empty the bins and curtains back on your last day bc for every thing out of place they gave us ten press ups in the reception area as a junior intake was coming in lmao

Lars2183

Crow
yh mate it really wasn't for me, team tasks were pretty fun and in general it wasn't very high strung type of thing, just listen to instructions well, give it 110% and don't be a twat and you'll be good. only thing I would say is learn how to make a bed properly and listen to how they tell you to fold sheets and lay out of the bed with fresh ones and how to lay out the room, open windows, empty the bins and curtains back on your last day bc for every thing out of place they gave us ten press ups in the reception area as a junior intake was coming in lmao
I was in a junior intake in Feb so perhaps you being Senior intake is why you were asked some things in greater detail but who knows, coulda just been luck of the draw :)

estwist

On ROPS
On ROPs
I went to the AC in November. The final interview is just telling you how well you did and asking you what is next, whether or not you want to continue on with your primary job choice etc. There is no preparation needed.
what date in november 2019 did you go, I was in then aswell?

Does anyone know if you get time off at Christmas during phase 2?
At phase 2 you're a soldier like every one else so you get Christmas off unless you get dicked for gaurd duties or are on deployment. Pretty sure the instructors who teach you also want Xmas off :)