Pirbright 2020 sticky - all Pirbright chat in here

estwist

Old-Salt
Yeah I was fourth, one dude going for paras got 8:10, lots of 9:30's and 10:00 mins, all the same once your in the standard, training is designed to bring the slower ones up to speed, Phys will start quite light but ramps up at the correct times so good for everyone :)

Swt16

Clanker
Yeah I was fourth, one dude going for paras got 8:10, lots of 9:30's and 10:00 mins, all the same once your in the standard, training is designed to bring the slower ones up to speed, Phys will start quite light but ramps up at the correct times so good for everyone :)
Someone was a sec of beating the quickest time at mine, I must have had some serious runners because I got 8:22 and was about tenth

estwist

Old-Salt
Someone was a sec of beating the quickest time at mine, I must have had some serious runners because I got 8:22 and was about tenth
Yeah sounds like it mate haha, speed on the day is hard to judge as youll run faster in selection than you do in your initial fitness test most people do, running ability isn't all as you know bud focus on lots of body weight work outs also :)

Swt16

Clanker
Yeah sounds like it mate haha, speed on the day is hard to judge as youll run faster in selection than you do in your initial fitness test most people do, running ability isn't all as you know bud focus on lots of body weight work outs also :)
Yeah I have been told that by my brother in law, yeah I'm smashing the bodyweight work aswell, what did you get on the pull and throw?

Towelie

Swinger
The last time I went it was 2 days

The last time I went it was two days assessment I wonder what the lay out will be like
I cannot remember off the top of my head what she said to me now but it was along the line of first thing in the morning was medical and then straight of to do your tests, maths or whatever then down for your medicine ball and bar pull then a bleep test, i have no idea how its going to get done because from what i have seen the medical is normally pretty lengthy

Jam12bix

Old-Salt
I cannot remember off the top of my head what she said to me now but it was along the line of first thing in the morning was medical and then straight of to do your tests, maths or whatever then down for your medicine ball and bar pull then a bleep test, i have no idea how its going to get done because from what i have seen the medical is normally pretty lengthy
Yea medical is pretty much long first urin test then you got four to five other test you got to do medical wise then doctor visit that alone is like half a day

estwist

Old-Salt
Yeah I have been told that by my brother in law, yeah I'm smashing the bodyweight work aswell, what did you get on the pull and throw?
smashed them mate, 160kg in mid thigh and broke the scale on the throw, waste of time those tests, well maybe the mid thigh pull is okay but the throw is silly

Coming from a rejoiner and been through basic in Catterick,

Buy everything you can before you go in, you will seem prepared and will be viewed in a good way and makes a good impression, having what you need when you show up. Use both lists and whatever advice you get on here in the appropriate thread i believe there is one, where you can see what else you need during training, most camps have a NAAFI shop which will have everything required but best to be prepared as they usually charge a few extra bucks than amazon :)
Awesome thanks for your reply and that does make sense really as they do say it’s a 14week job interview.

cheers

Swt16

Clanker
smashed them mate, 160kg in mid thigh and broke the scale on the throw, waste of time those tests, well maybe the mid thigh pull is okay but the throw is silly
Yeah I thought the ball throw was pointless, people on my assessment passed the throw easily but couldnt do 5 push ups for the warm up

Just got my date, 13th of Sept, anyone else? Also, how far have you been pushed back from your pre covid start date if you had one before, I was supposed to go 3rd of May originally.

Came through officer (failed main board) route so didn't actually do any run tests apart from the bleep test! Currently managing 2km in 08:14 and 5km in 23:27).

Judging by this thread alone, the delay from original intake dates doesn't seem to be too bad. There were two in previous pages that had a delay of around 3 months, and mine was just 2 months (original date was May). May not necessarily be a correlation, but it looks promising at least!
got delayed from 3rd of may to 13th sept

estwist

Old-Salt
I went from April to June, but they messed up as I was orignally meant to join in February so don't feel too bad I done selection LAST YEAR so yeah..

Just got my date, 13th of Sept, anyone else? Also, how far have you been pushed back from your pre covid start date if you had one before, I was supposed to go 3rd of May originally.

Latest Threads