Pirbright 2020 sticky - all Pirbright chat in here

Ignacio

Crow
Anyone with a confirmed date who has their joining instructions... Is there anything drastically different to the one (last year's) on the Pirbright page of the Army website? I know the £58 list of items is now a 'get me in pack' and is free, but if there are any other significant changes it'd be nice to know ASAP. Starting in July so wanna get everything sorted :)

Jam12bix

Old-Salt
Anyone with a confirmed date who has their joining instructions... Is there anything drastically different to the one (last year's) on the Pirbright page of the Army website? I know the £58 list of items is now a 'get me in pack' and is free, but if there are any other significant changes it'd be nice to know ASAP. Starting in July so wanna get everything sorted :)
What are you Going as if you dont mind me asking ?

Towelie

Clanker
Got a call the other day saying they will give me a date from 3 days to 2 weeks from the call for my assessment, anyone got any info? Seems im pretty far back in the pack if some of you got dates already

Ignacio

Crow
Nice, what did you get on your run time?
Came through officer (failed main board) route so didn't actually do any run tests apart from the bleep test! Currently managing 2km in 08:14 and 5km in 23:27).

Got a call the other day saying they will give me a date from 3 days to 2 weeks from the call for my assessment, anyone got any info? Seems im pretty far back in the pack if some of you got dates already
Judging by this thread alone, the delay from original intake dates doesn't seem to be too bad. There were two in previous pages that had a delay of around 3 months, and mine was just 2 months (original date was May). May not necessarily be a correlation, but it looks promising at least!

Swt16

Clanker
Came through officer (failed main board) route so didn't actually do any run tests apart from the bleep test! Currently managing 2km in 08:14 and 5km in 23:27).

Judging by this thread alone, the delay from original intake dates doesn't seem to be too bad. There were two in previous pages that had a delay of around 3 months, and mine was just 2 months (original date was May). May not necessarily be a correlation, but it looks promising at least!
What time do you need for that role?

Here’s a question just going through the kit list I recently got for my new intake date 28th of June however the kit list I was issued before for the 28th of March is quite different, as it told me to bring boot polish, twisters head torch etc.... anyone else having the same problem or shall I just bring whatever I have already.

estwist

On ROPS
On ROPs
Here’s a question just going through the kit list I recently got for my new intake date 28th of June however the kit list I was issued before for the 28th of March is quite different, as it told me to bring boot polish, twisters head torch etc.... anyone else having the same problem or shall I just bring whatever I have already.
Coming from a rejoiner and been through basic in Catterick,

Buy everything you can before you go in, you will seem prepared and will be viewed in a good way and makes a good impression, having what you need when you show up. Use both lists and whatever advice you get on here in the appropriate thread i believe there is one, where you can see what else you need during training, most camps have a NAAFI shop which will have everything required but best to be prepared as they usually charge a few extra bucks than amazon :)

Latest Threads