Pirbright 2020 sticky - all Pirbright chat in here

Anyone know what we are doing about haircuts before we go? And will the local shop on base be open for supplies? I still need seal bags small and large and wash bag with mirror and what type of flask does it have to be?

Cheers and Didn’t want to buy it all from shop when I arrive.

Cam26

Swinger
Anyone know what we are doing about haircuts before we go? And will the local shop on base be open for supplies? I still need seal bags small and large and wash bag with mirror and what type of flask does it have to be?

Cheers and Didn’t want to buy it all from shop when I arrive.
On the new kit list they've sent me there's a new 'get you in pack' which is free it says this includes "padlocks, tent pegs, wash bags, flask, torch and sewing kit" not sure if this will include seal bags too

On the new kit list they've sent me there's a new 'get you in pack' which is free it says this includes "padlocks, tent pegs, wash bags, flask, torch and sewing kit" not sure if this will include seal bags too
No worries that’s pretty good then what a relief I guess

Cam26

Swinger
It's good, managed to get a hold of some weights and been training boxing still so should be too bad. What sort of run times are you getting?
They're not too great but passable for my job role. The last time I did 1.2 miles I got 10:44mins but recently just been running a 5km every 2 days at around 30 mins. Quite hilly where I live so that helps too. Just need to work on speed over a short distance, think I'm going to start doing HIIT and hill sprints more.

estwist

Clanker
Holding out for my date.. selection done in November, hopefully in soon, contact has been good from Army though, smaller intakes at least its moving again.

estwist

Clanker
Anyone else going Tank Crewman got dates? Assumed A Grade and length of time since selection would have bumped me up list lol..

Cam26

Swinger
Anyone else going Tank Crewman got dates? Assumed A Grade and length of time since selection would have bumped me up list lol..
Did you already have a date before they all get cancelled? I think they will prioritise the people who had dates cancelled first I would've thought

estwist

Clanker
Yep I had 2 dates mate. One in February but they had got my job choice wrong, and one in April. And I’m a rejoiner... here’s to hoping it’s soon
Did you already have a date before they all get cancelled? I think they will prioritise the people who had dates cancelled first I would've thought

Latest Threads