Pirbright 2020 sticky - all Pirbright chat in here

The_Duke

LE
A new sticky thread for those hoping to undertake recruit training at ATC Pirbright during 2020.

The rules:

1. Think before you post - No personal details, no times of trains etc. Absolutely no FB links. Read the sticky thread on personal security before you start posting.

2. No such thing as a stupid question, but please make sure you use the search engine before you ask. The 2019 sticky is worth searching for answers.

3. Keep it civil. For the "old and bold", if you can't help with accurate and current information, then head over to the NAAFI to play. ROPs await those who can't follow this very simple rule.

Cfc1603

Clanker
The fitness test you do at the beginning of phase 1 are they pass or fail? Or just to see your level of fitness?

The_Duke

LE
MOD comment - please go to page 1 and read the first post again.
No personal details, no social media links or directions to pages.

Kaytemonn

Clanker
The medical at the start of phase 1, will a doctor go through your medical history like they did in AC and can they overrule the decision the doctor made at AC and send you home?

estwist

Clanker
Just seems pointless having them make a decision when it can be overruled at the last second. Might aswell have the initial assessment there and then at Pirbright...
People can develop things or problems between Selection and their start date. When I was there 3 people out of 26 were sent home. One because he admitted to not telling the full truth to the med staff at selection, one for a rash and another because of repeated headaches (panzy). Don't be worried, if your medically fit you'll be fine they are trained medical staff, if your worried about something it's probably because your hiding something.

Kaytemonn

Clanker
People can develop things or problems between Selection and their start date. When I was there 3 people out of 26 were sent home. One because he admitted to not telling the full truth to the med staff at selection, one for a rash and another because of repeated headaches (panzy). Don't be worried, if your medically fit you'll be fine they are trained medical staff, if your worried about something it's probably because your hiding something.
I'm not on about things that can be developed between then and now I get that and the importance of it. I mean the things from your medical history. If one doctor has deemed it fine and that you're fit enough to go to phase 1 (fit in terms of your medical history, not including the other tests you do that day) then it's unfair another doc over ruling that decision as soon as you get there