Pirbright 11th June!!!!!

Discussion in 'RLC' started by UK_General, May 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, im off down to Pirbright on 11th June to start basic, just wondering if anyone else is starting at same time, or around the same time. Hoping to be an Ammunition Technician. Facing ATCAB next thursday so I'll see what they have to say. :D

2. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

No! just dont put the rife close to your head once you get to Deepcut they have an unexpected habit of going off

3. Good luck, UK Gen. Don't forget to enjoy yourself.

4. Cheers Dragstrip, it's just around the corner now :D . Enjoy myself i will.

5. Betcha don't

6. Don't listen to qman, UK Gen. A test of a man's character is to identify the value in anything. Do to ATR(P) and take it for what it is; a good crack.

7. Yeah, ignore Qman, we do!. Enjoy your time there but when you realise your mistake at being a AT, then transfer to the PetOp trade. You know it makes sense! :wink:

8. When you going to re trade then CH5120????

9. Listen UK Gen -do yourself a favour and re-badge to RE or something. The Army lied to you when it said it could give transferable skillsets, it's what they do - it's called "recruitment". Unless you want to spend the rest of your life defusing UXO/ IED's or w*anking into peoples soup then the RLC doesn't really offer that much (don't start with the rhetorical bollox about driving licences -my wife can drive so it doesn't count). DO NOT become a Pet Op 1. You won't get a course for ages and ages and ages, and 2. The trade is being sold down the river and will very shortly become a Spec Qual and all you do is get dicked to do trog shit anyway. The Army can offer you some good oppurtunities and experiences it's just they are few and far between in the RLC and the rest of the Army hate us too!

10. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Ignore qman.

He was abused as a recruit.

11. oh the pain of it!!!!

Tongue removed from cheek, but seriously- stay away from Pet Op

12. Whats up qman. You feeling ok? Cheers for feedback fellas. Im off to kinetron tomorrow so we'll have to see how it goes.

13. Yes feeling fine thanks. (?)

Just had visions of the scene in 'Once were soldiers' where chirpy young soldier wishes Sergeant Major 'Good Morning'. . . . oh the synicism of it all.

The answers to your pshycobabble exams is 'red'........see you on the supplier course!

Best of luck fella hope you get what you want!

14. Good luck at Kineton mate, be confident!

Remember it's an advisory board not a Pass/Fail.

15. Well..............did you pass or what?............................... I'm waiting!