Pirates attack German Navy

#4
Taffnp said:
Should have just sunk them
Good point: Why are we f***ing about with Pirates? Why don't we do what was done in the past when we caught them? String 'em up.
 

Attachments

#5
The enemy of my enemy is my friend............ 8)
 
#6
Damn, for a second I thought we might have a New Kapitain Topp taking the war to the Pirates, with good old German efficiency
 
#7
The suspects were disarmed and transferred for questioning to the German frigate Rheinland-Pfalz where they remain Monday, pending a decision on whether they will be legally prosecuted, Christensen said.
Presumably if that fails they'll be illegally prosecuted.
 
#8
What ever happened to blowing the buggers out of the water?

or is that Politicaly Correct way of dealing with pirates anymore :roll:
 
#9
Good job there were none of those damned spitfires around eh chaps?
 
#10
I liked this bit

"The German sailors returned fire and pursued the skiff while also calling in for support. Several naval ships — including a Greek and a Dutch frigate, a Spanish warship and the USS Boxer — sped to the area while a Spanish marine aircraft and two U.S. Marine Cobra helicopters joined the pursuit."

Bit off more than they could chew, springs to mind :)
 

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
#11
Gren said:
I liked this bit

"The German sailors returned fire and pursued the skiff while also calling in for support. Several naval ships — including a Greek and a Dutch frigate, a Spanish warship and the USS Boxer — sped to the area while a Spanish marine aircraft and two U.S. Marine Cobra helicopters joined the pursuit."

Bit off more than they could chew, springs to mind :)
All that, just because of one skiff . . . . .


TAXI!!!
 

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
#12
Utterly wet not to sink the thing out of hand. The the Germans in accordance with their particular naval traditions could have machine-gunned the pirates in the water ..
 
#14
seaweed said:
Utterly wet not to sink the thing out of hand. The the Germans in accordance with their particular naval traditions could have machine-gunned the pirates in the water ..
The Spessart is listed as an Oiler/Supply ship with no weapons fit, so presumably only small arms. Think that may change and PDQ.
 
#15
Why weren't the AH battering the pirates with the cannon and rockets? I wish we'd all stop f-ing around and start to kill the necky gits. Maybe then the word would get round?
 
#16
Hmm bad news. I agree with sinking the pirates. They should have done that, but I don't think it's politically correct to do that, isn't it?

Hmm, just read that it has been a support ship of the german navy. So as I remember they just have some MG3 with 7,62mm calibre. Not usable to sink a ship, even if it is a fisherboat.

Greets
 
#17
Whatever the German Navy is commanded to do, they will obey orders!! Or "the Nuremburg Defence" as that is now known.
 

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
#18
Cuddles said:
Whatever the German Navy is commanded to do, they will obey orders!! Or "the Nuremburg Defence" as that is now known.
Let's not encourage them eh? They are a pain in the arrse to control once they get started.
 
#19
We can't kill too many pirates.....

As this graph shows the fewer the pirates the more global warming we have....



Source

The other problem is, of course, if you start slotting the pirates, they may retaliate.... there is an aweful lot of unprotected fishing boats in the area.

Guard them, or let them arm themselves, and we could declare open season.

Once word got around that "pirating" wasn't conducive to longevity, the practice may slip in to obscurity again.
 

Similar threads

New Posts