PIRA graves vandalised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
I'm one of those old farts with many years invested in the Province who now sits and posts on Arrse. For what it's worth, here's the GIAO line:

a. Desecrating graves, it's sick and pointless and causes unnecessary anguish to the relicts, not done.

b. The 'Ra was and is a complex organisation, with a wide variety of people in it. The Provos wouldn't have evolved and won support for their operations without the conditions having been right in 69 and 70. Our tactical successes against them drove them into a very Darwinian evolution and actually increased their competence.

c. We ended up winning by convincing them that they'd get further with a nice suit and a chat than by any amount of bombing and shooting. They ended up settling for "Sunningdale for slow learners", as Seamus Mallon immortally put it. Tiocfaidh ar Mani.

d. Part of the price for c. above is that all the fuckers we put away are now walking the streets again. Tough, deal with it, it's part of the price for the bombing and shooting largely being over and done with, for this generation at least. On the bright side, the dead ones are still dead.

e. A further part of the price for c. above is that they (and the Huns, let's not forget them) are still administering "community justice" in their areas and making big money out of crime. Again, unpalatable, but better than the alternative.
 
Glad_its_all_over said:
I'm one of those old farts with many years invested in the Province who now sits and posts on Arrse. For what it's worth, here's the GIAO line:

a. Desecrating graves, it's sick and pointless and causes unnecessary anguish to the relicts, not done.

b. The 'Ra was and is a complex organisation, with a wide variety of people in it. The Provos wouldn't have evolved and won support for their operations without the conditions having been right in 69 and 70. Our tactical successes against them drove them into a very Darwinian evolution and actually increased their competence.

c. We ended up winning by convincing them that they'd get further with a nice suit and a chat than by any amount of bombing and shooting. They ended up settling for "Sunningdale for slow learners", as Seamus Mallon immortally put it. Tiocfaidh ar Mani.

d. Part of the price for c. above is that all the fuckers we put away are now walking the streets again. Tough, deal with it, it's part of the price for the bombing and shooting largely being over and done with, for this generation at least. On the bright side, the dead ones are still dead.

e. A further part of the price for c. above is that they (and the Huns, let's not forget them) are still administering "community justice" in their areas and making big money out of crime. Again, unpalatable, but better than the alternative.
Delighted to see such a sensible well balanced post this late in a thread (sorry, don't mean to patronise), just delighted to see someone talking some sense.

As you say, what's the alternative?

Thanks GIAO, well put, much better than I could ever have managed! :thumright:
 

Snagglepuss

Old-Salt
flamingo said:
Glad_its_all_over said:
I'm one of those old farts with many years invested in the Province who now sits and posts on Arrse. For what it's worth, here's the GIAO line:

a. Desecrating graves, it's sick and pointless and causes unnecessary anguish to the relicts, not done.

b. The 'Ra was and is a complex organisation, with a wide variety of people in it. The Provos wouldn't have evolved and won support for their operations without the conditions having been right in 69 and 70. Our tactical successes against them drove them into a very Darwinian evolution and actually increased their competence.

c. We ended up winning by convincing them that they'd get further with a nice suit and a chat than by any amount of bombing and shooting. They ended up settling for "Sunningdale for slow learners", as Seamus Mallon immortally put it. Tiocfaidh ar Mani.

d. Part of the price for c. above is that all the fuckers we put away are now walking the streets again. Tough, deal with it, it's part of the price for the bombing and shooting largely being over and done with, for this generation at least. On the bright side, the dead ones are still dead.

e. A further part of the price for c. above is that they (and the Huns, let's not forget them) are still administering "community justice" in their areas and making big money out of crime. Again, unpalatable, but better than the alternative.
Delighted to see such a sensible well balanced post this late in a thread (sorry, don't mean to patronise), just delighted to see someone talking some sense.

As you say, what's the alternative?

Thanks GIAO, well put, much better than I could ever have managed! :thumright:
Agreed!!!!
And quoted in full for a reason.
Nice one GIAO
SP
 
geo7863 said:
Well they werent excommunicated were they, and didnt the Bishop of Londonderry get all moist over them?
Come on geo, there are loads of murdering scum in the world. The IRA raison d'etre wasn't as a catholic army per se, i.e it wasn't a religious war. They were hardly shock troops of the vatican. The vast majority were RCs, but that's because the Irish are a catholic nation. Considering that catholics number 1 in 6 of the world's population, I think they only have time to excommunicate the really hardcore evil-doers. And would he accept hearsay as evidence (the old "dogs in the street" thing). Would he blanket excommunicate all members of Eta, the Mafia, the Colombian cartels, all Republicans, regardless of their level of involvement? Would the excommunication reach to Sinn Fein or anyone who believed that any violence was legal for political reasons (stand up Mr Blair and Bush) or only those who had been found legally guility of murder? What I'm trying to say is that unfair to blame the Catholic church as a whole. I'm sure many local priests stuck up for "their kind" but that's them as individuals, not as an organisation. How exactly do they excommunicate these people anyway? Is it like a summons - that would be bloody expensive! (I'm not catholic by the way - I don't believe in the big fairy in the sky)
 
PoisonDwarf said:
geo7863 said:
Well they werent excommunicated were they, and didnt the Bishop of Londonderry get all moist over them?
Come on geo, there are loads of murdering scum in the world. The IRA raison d'etre wasn't as a catholic army per se, i.e it wasn't a religious war. They were hardly shock troops of the vatican. The vast majority were RCs, but that's because the Irish are a catholic nation. Considering that catholics number 1 in 6 of the world's population, I think they only have time to excommunicate the really hardcore evil-doers. And would he accept hearsay as evidence (the old "dogs in the street" thing). Would he blanket excommunicate all members of Eta, the Mafia, the Colombian cartels, all Republicans, regardless of their level of involvement? Would the excommunication reach to Sinn Fein or anyone who believed that any violence was legal for political reasons (stand up Mr Blair and Bush) or only those who had been found legally guility of murder? What I'm trying to say is that unfair to blame the Catholic church as a whole. I'm sure many local priests stuck up for "their kind" but that's them as individuals, not as an organisation. How exactly do they excommunicate these people anyway? Is it like a summons - that would be bloody expensive! (I'm not catholic by the way - I don't believe in the big fairy in the sky)
Not being of a Religious bent myself I dont exactly know how the excommunication sytem works....

And whilst not blaming the Roman catholic church directly, lets face it the IRA was the biggest, most prolific and certainly most publicised terrorist organisation throughout most of the 70's 80's and early 90's... and yet there seems to have been scant signs of disapproval from the top dog in the Vatican... had the Pope (well the various Popes throughout that time)wanted to he could have easily excommunicated these scumbags
 
Furthermore Poison dwarf, yes ETA, the columbian cartels et al should have been excommunicated too, and the two problems with your analogy of Sinn Fein and the BUshBLiar twins is that whilst BushBliar are both muppets of the highest order, they dont directly support murdering civilians and planting Bombs in crowded shopping centres (tacitly they probably turn a blind eye when it suits them though!) and secondly..they aint Catholic (well i dont think they are, cant be bothered to google it right now as I'm supposed to be working he he he)
 
Unfortunately from what I have read Nairac's body was taken to an abbatoir in dundalk and disposed of like any other carcass. All very sad.
TB

me n bee said:
PIRA were not combatants, they were and still are murderers - as such they are criminals!

Perhaps if they reveal were Robert Nairacs remains lay I could have a smidgen of sympathy towards the families whose graves have been defaced.

But no, I feel nothing - graves are defaced daily and de facto by twerps non politicos who do so for fun.

This is just an added length of hate in the province and what for?

I do not honour those creatures but they lie in a graveyard and as such the graves shouldn't be touched (and they should have been ex-communicated but hey - the pope and his merry band of killers....)
 

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
geo7863 said:
Furthermore Poison dwarf, yes ETA, the columbian cartels et al should have been excommunicated too, and the two problems with your analogy of Sinn Fein and the BUshBLiar twins is that whilst BushBliar are both muppets of the highest order, they dont directly support murdering civilians and planting Bombs in crowded shopping centres (tacitly they probably turn a blind eye when it suits them though!) and secondly..they aint Catholic (well i dont think they are, cant be bothered to google it right now as I'm supposed to be working he he he)
I don't know about anyone else around here, but I'm beginning to sniff the first faint traces of religious bigotry. I'm sure this is accidental and equally sure that you'd be mortified to be thought of as some sort of frothing-at-the-mouth Kick The Pope Prod, so no doubt you'll want to clear up that misapprehension, won't you?
 
Glad_its_all_over said:
geo7863 said:
Furthermore Poison dwarf, yes ETA, the columbian cartels et al should have been excommunicated too, and the two problems with your analogy of Sinn Fein and the BUshBLiar twins is that whilst BushBliar are both muppets of the highest order, they dont directly support murdering civilians and planting Bombs in crowded shopping centres (tacitly they probably turn a blind eye when it suits them though!) and secondly..they aint Catholic (well i dont think they are, cant be bothered to google it right now as I'm supposed to be working he he he)
I don't know about anyone else around here, but I'm beginning to sniff the first faint traces of religious bigotry. I'm sure this is accidental and equally sure that you'd be mortified to be thought of as some sort of frothing-at-the-mouth Kick The Pope Prod, so no doubt you'll want to clear up that misapprehension, won't you?
Oh yes there is religious bigotry in me all right...ANYONE of ANY so called faith who murders, maims and spreads terror in the 'name' of that faith is a cnut who needs a quick double tap to the head, be they catholic, protestant, Muslim, zoroastrian or any other faith.

Every Holy book preaches peace, love and goodwill to all makind, yet these scum twist the so called scriptures to suit their needs...totally evident in todays Political climate with the muslim nutters who feel it is their duty to kill in order to claim their 70 odd virgins at Allahs right hand side!!

edited to add: - I was born into the Catholic faith, but our family werent practising catholics, I soon gave up all belief in an almighty being when i was old enough to realise what a terrible place this earth could be and what a totally vicious inhuman callous self serving animal man can be and often is.
 
For those who do not consider it very bad taste to desecrate anyones grave. I remember being told way back that IRA/SF have the grave and momuments of their terrorist scum very well insured. Thus prats damaging these sites should also be prosecuted for aiding terrorists.

They were terrorists, and they remain terrorists even if the British Government has let them walk the streets unpunished.
 

Jammy66

War Hero
Interesting that some on here support the mindless chav type dregs of society who would bother to go out of their way to vandalise memorials in graveyards. The same sort of mindless thugs could be out trashing your car or spraying graffitti on the walls of your house tonight.

Regardless of whose grave it is, its the living relatives who will be hurt by these actions. How would you feel if a relatives grave was desecrated?
 
Ok, the acrimonious exchanges have been removed, that includes posts that quoted those exchanges.

Gentlemen , you can argue and counter-argue without resorting to ad-hominem attacks and invective filled insults.

It's bound to be a topic that excites inlamed opinions , but please keep it civil in here ?

Thanks

PTP
 

Uladh

Old-Salt
haha your a funny lad i just so happen to be one of those sons who you say was brainwashed by ma and da and im looking to join 1st battalion royal irish regiment and serve the queen,they sure got me good you sir are a twat but the world needs twats liek you to remind us how lucky we are
 

Jammy66

War Hero
Well, having read the censored posts clearly its not worth replying to geo7863 but he is of the sort that would rather have a return to the bad old days.

Sad actually, it's people with such entrenched views that perpetuate the misery in other peoples lives.
 
Uladh said:
haha your a funny lad i just so happen to be one of those sons who you say was brainwashed by ma and da and im looking to join 1st battalion royal irish regiment and serve the queen,they sure got me good you sir are a t**t but the world needs **** liek you to remind us how lucky we are
read other peoples posts on the subject of you Joining 1 RI, you may have to modify your views a bit.... whether you were brainwashed or not I dont know, your previous statement about "loyalist lackeys" sort of points to the fact that you were.

I just cant fathom out why you would be wanting to join the british Army if you believe that the murdering of women and children was justifiable as I would assume your ma and da were...or perhaps they just told you, "in war son collateral damage happens"
 
Jammy66 said:
Well, having read the censored posts clearly its not worth replying to geo7863 but he is of the sort that would rather have a return to the bad old days.

Sad actually, it's people with such entrenched views that perpetuate the misery in other peoples lives.
No he is the sort who believes the IRA were murdering scum, he is not the sort to give them credence just because Tony Bliar has given it to them

He is the sort who would rather think of the mothers fathers sisters brothers husbands wives and children of those murdered by the Likes of PIRA, INLA UVF UDA et al

No I would rather not return to the bad old days but neither do i want to just brush them under the carpet as though they never happened.

And i would love to know how I am perpetuating misery? thats a bit of a bone statement don't you think.

I can understand if you think I am anti PIRA but Pro UVF, I will reiterate for those that cant read properly..THEY WERE ALL MURDERING SCUM
 
Jammy66 said:
My god, geo7863 please leave your body to science. You may have the smallest brain ever!
go on mate explain dont just thow insults, how do I perpetuate misery?
 
geo7863 said:
Glad_its_all_over said:
geo7863 said:
Furthermore Poison dwarf, yes ETA, the columbian cartels et al should have been excommunicated too, and the two problems with your analogy of Sinn Fein and the BUshBLiar twins is that whilst BushBliar are both muppets of the highest order, they dont directly support murdering civilians and planting Bombs in crowded shopping centres (tacitly they probably turn a blind eye when it suits them though!) and secondly..they aint Catholic (well i dont think they are, cant be bothered to google it right now as I'm supposed to be working he he he)
I don't know about anyone else around here, but I'm beginning to sniff the first faint traces of religious bigotry. I'm sure this is accidental and equally sure that you'd be mortified to be thought of as some sort of frothing-at-the-mouth Kick The Pope Prod, so no doubt you'll want to clear up that misapprehension, won't you?
Oh yes there is religious bigotry in me all right...ANYONE of ANY so called faith who murders, maims and spreads terror in the 'name' of that faith is a cnut who needs a quick double tap to the head, be they catholic, protestant, Muslim, zoroastrian or any other faith.

Every Holy book preaches peace, love and goodwill to all makind, yet these scum twist the so called scriptures to suit their needs...totally evident in todays Political climate with the muslim nutters who feel it is their duty to kill in order to claim their 70 odd virgins at Allahs right hand side!!

edited to add: - I was born into the Catholic faith, but our family werent practising catholics, I soon gave up all belief in an almighty being when i was old enough to realise what a terrible place this earth could be and what a totally vicious inhuman callous self serving animal man can be and often is.
Geo, I agree with your viewpoint on a supreme being. It was Douglas Adams who said 'look how beautiful a garden can be.... why do you need fairies at the bottom of it?' or something like that.

Also your point on dishing out death in the name of whatever religion. They all think god's on their side, whichever side it is, and Bush, Blair are no different in that respect. However, these two hold the trump cards - one of which is virtual control of a submissive media and therefore the capturing of hearts and minds - not in the warzone, but back home where it really matters.

I don't believe there's a threat worthy of the name. I also don't believe all the lies that came out of Norn Iron back in the dark days. It's not simply black and white, as you seem to believe.
 

58_Pattern

War Hero
Geo 7863

The UVF and working class loyalist scum are not fit to be British. I hate the IRA but loyalists are equal scum. Your not fit to be a Brit.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Posts

Latest Threads

Top