PIRA graves vandalised

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt that it will all kick off over this, it appears to be a regular thing.

Someone will clean it up and some scrotes will be kneecapped then life will go on.

offog

LE
My grandfather would tell of the time after WW1 in the south of Ireland. He had returned to his regimental depot after the war. The local IRA had tarred and feathered the regiment’s South African war memorial. The RSM lead the Sgt’s mess down town armed with entrenching tools to the local bar/shop got some hessien and paraffin then informed the IRA if the memorial was not clean by morning heads would role.

As he said it was our memorial not an English one.

We have graves all over the world and hope that we would treat others how we would like ours to be treated.

bobath said:
Damaging ravestones of anyone is not on. Like it or not, a lot of the PIRA fought for what they believed, they just did it in a stupid and misguided way.
is that 'fought' as in Planting bombs in shopping centres on a saturday morning, when theres lots of kids about, or bombing a bus load of squaddies AND their families, i.e wives and kids on the M6 way back when

Is that the sort of 'fighting for your beliefs' that includes shooting an RAF fella and his six month old daughter as he drove away from a schnelly in Germany, or planting a bomb at a cenotaph when the fallen of all religious denominations from the 2 world ars are being honoured.

Is that 'fought' as in indiscriminately shooting protestants of all ages and all walks of life purely 'cos they were unlucky enough to be protestant and walking down the road at the wrong time.

get my drift mate or shall I go on?

Mazur_UK

War Hero
They should be left alone. They leave our graves alone so we should leave theirs.

Mazur_UK said:
They should be left alone. They leave our graves alone so we should leave theirs.
But its not we who are desecrating their graves is it, its not forces/ex-forces members doing it.....well one would assume not anyhow!!

and Im not saying I agree with what has been done, I dont agree I dont disagree, I dont actually give a monkeys toss, I certainly dont feel appalled or disgusted, they were murdering scum, their beliefs were not honourable, they were in all the time that I and my family served, marxist idealist so called 'revolutionary' scum.

And regardless of whichever morons have got their kicks or proved their point by doing this, I will not shed a single tear or utter a single tsk.

Uladh

Old-Salt
geo7863 everything u just said can be reversed loyalists did shit things, british army did shit things stop living in a fantasy world were ira r the villans they had scum just as much as british army had scum and they had decent people just as british army had. wreaking the resting place of these people is just a weak thing to do and my mind cant understadn what type of idiot would want to do this.

Uladh said:
geo7863 everything u just said can be reversed loyalists did s*** things, british army did s*** things stop living in a fantasy world were ira r the villans they had scum just as much as british army had scum and they had decent people just as british army had. wreaking the resting place of these people is just a weak thing to do and my mind cant understadn what type of idiot would want to do this.

loyalist terrorists, yes they were scum too not as many bombs down city centres but just as many shootings of innocent catholics..yes they were scum...but we arent talking about UVF gravestones here are we..

as for brit forces and please dont go back to what happened in 1916 or whenever, we are talking 1969 onwards here... sorry correct me if im wrong, cant quite remember us planting bombs down newry high street, cant quite remember us shooting wives and kiddies of known players just 'cos they were the wives and kiddies of known players, cant quite remember bombing pubs and clubs indiscriminately....

oh a few people were shot by mistake, they generally werent pulled out of their cars, or had their front doors banged open and double tapped in front of their families though were they....

so yes there were the pitchfork murders and maybe other murders too, but these werent Policy, all dressed up and paraded as military victories, so climb down off your high horse and fecking admit it, the IRA were Scum...decent IRA oh do be brief!!

edited 'cos I spelt indiscriminately like a total plank the first time around (and the second time too...jesus whats wrong with geo's big chubby fingers today!!)

Uladh

Old-Salt
i hope u dont represent the opinion of everyone who is military r ex military.

edit not that it matters but you saying dont go back to 1916 r whatever is like me saying dont go back to 2000 r before

Uladh said:
what in that I hate a bunch of cowardly murdering scum. I think you will find most military or ex-military hate murdering scum regardless of religion creed or colour.

I take it you idolise the people who blew apart the kiddies down at Omagh do you?

Fighting for the rights of decent Irish folk, fighting for the future of the kids...just like the ones they blew apart!!

Uladh

Old-Salt
i respect the fact that they had the balls to take on the might of the british government and its loyalist lackies in the early days of defence

Uladh said:

edit not that it matters but you saying dont go back to 1916 r whatever is like me saying dont go back to 2000 r before
Oh come on now, the IRA pre 1969 were a totally different animal compared to afterwards, yes they had legitimacy compared to the murderers post 69, and I know full well of the atrocities the British Army commited back then.

But hey why dont we go back further lordy the Potato famine ...arent we a bunch of bastards for doing nothing about that eh... or further still, Jeez us brits were real nasty when we followed Ollie Cromwell dictates...

get real pal

Uladh said:

The convention on ARRSE is not to write in text-speak; it is difficult to read, unnecessary (you are not limited to 180 characters), and it makes the writer look like a plonker, even if they have something sensible to say. Please don't do it.

As to the matter at hand, the major difference between PIRA and the British Army is that PIRA was, and is, an illegal organisation. In other words, criminals. Unlike PIRA, of course, the Army was never involved in cross-border smuggling, drug dealing, protection rackets, tax evasion, bank robbery and other criminal acts.

Not still whining about this.

What do you want? An inquiry?

On second thoughts forget I said that.

Even if someone is a murdering scumbag of the highest order, once they're dead they're dead and there's certainly no honour to be taken in desecrating a grave. If you believe in a god (which i don't) then let him/her do the forgiveness/punishment and don't dishonour the dead.

me n bee said:
they should have been ex-communicated but hey - the pope and his merry band of killers
Are you saying that the IRA were given the blessing of the Roman Catholic church?

Uladh

Old-Salt
right this is getting out of hand forget i said anything this could go on forever i dont post much and the only reason i registered on these forums was to reply to a post involving northern ireland a while back. im a catholic who has had extended family involved in things in the past and i am trying to find out what it will be like if i am to join up (im looking to join the royal irish). i want to know if i have to cut all links to my family to be accepted in the regiment which i can tell you i wont be doing

PoisonDwarf said:
me n bee said:
they should have been ex-communicated but hey - the pope and his merry band of killers
Are you saying that the IRA were given the blessing of the Roman Catholic church?
Well they werent excommunicated were they, and didnt the Bishop of Londonderry get all moist over them?

Uladh said:
right this is getting out of hand forget i said anything this could go on forever i dont post much and the only reason i registered on these forums was to reply to a post involving northern ireland a while back. im a catholic who has had extended family involved in things in the past and i am trying to find out what it will be like if i am to join up (im looking to join the royal irish). i want to know if i have to cut all links to my family to be accepted in the regiment which i can tell you i wont be doing
1. I think you're finding some of your answers.
2. No. You just have to demonstrate a measure of maturity. Then they'll accept you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads