PIRA Caught Attempting to Kidnap a dissident republican

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by nurse, Feb 21, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 'Dissident Republican'? A member of the Real IRA getting a kicking from PIRA maybe? RUC should have waved them on !!

2. Is it just me or is the whole 'cell terrorism' chart for NI starting to look like Charlottes Web?

I'm really struggling to keep up with who's who, which side they're on and when it's appropriate to let them go at it quietly...

Any ideas, other than the obvious, would be a help....

At least they got him back in one-ish piece...

3. BBC, Is this for a brief at ****? You know what happened last time you relied on ARRSE for info !!

4. By most of the posts on the subject, the only terrorists in the NI seem to be Catholic!!

now, on the times i was in the province, there were protastant /unionist paramilitary groups as well?
    But because they said "we have disarmed" it seems to be taken as read, or could it be don't want to upset the ruling party?

5. No GH this is purely for my own info.
    With Irish grandparents I was raised on stories of the IRA, the Black and Tans much to my shame as it is my heritage I showed little to no interest. Now it seems, and perhaps, also to my shame, I am totally lost amid the maze of who did what the whom and why we should be aghast or in awe...
    Rather than ask I think I should just go to the library, books are the best source...sorry I asked...

6. If the Black and Tans are part of your heritage, you should be ashamed !!

7. I feel baited for a kicking here GH?

No, the history of the time in which my grandparents lived in Monaghan saw the arrival of the Black and Tans; the stories I was told involved their bullyboy tactics, and the havoc they reeked.
    On the other side they also included gun running in hay wagons and 'priest holes' sunk in kitchen floors.

8. Nope there are Loyalist paramilitaries to but since their activities are frequetly reported in the media to give the impression that they are the only active paramilitaries in Northern Ireland and republican paramilitaries activities are played down to the point of being censored out of the mainstream media.

9. Northern Ireland =

Catholic terrorists (hardline terrorists to mild supporters)
    Protestant terrorists (hardline terrorists to mild supporters)
    Catholics who dont care and want it to end
    Protestants who dont care and want it to end
    Police officers and their families
    Soldiers (we dont count though)

That is a very very simplified overview of the *sides* in Northern Ireland

10. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Why do the PSNI bother? Phoney Bliar's policy of appeasing terrorists will mean that anyone getting locked up for this will be out in record time anyway.

I wonder if the PIRA boys will be claiming that the PSNI kicked them as they were being arrested?

As opposed to the priest holes found in little boys, presumably..... :twisted:

11. I think that's a whole new thread for the NAFFI, but as the sister of a Priest, I'll pass on commenting..... :roll:

12. I think Hugh Orde managed to get the statement out as all the NIO ministers have sloped of Home to England for the weekend

MM I'd modify your statement a little

Northern Ireland =

Catholic terrorists (hardline terrorists to mild supporters)
    Protestant terrorists (hardline terrorists to mild supporters)
    Catholics who dont care and want it to end
    Catholics who dont care and want it to end but who have terrorists intimidating them
    Protestants who dont care and want it to end
    Protestants who dont care and want it to end but who have terrorists intimidating them
    Security Forces and their families (police/prison service/Royal Irish Home service)
    Regular Soldiers (we dont count though)

13. It made me sick a few years ago when the S Armagh sniper team was lifted (the ones that killed loads incl Restorick). The guilty murdering scum ended up claiming inhumane treatment, brutality, GBH etc.

The trigger man (Caraher) didn't even get done for murder...even though he'd actually shot the guys dead..he got done for attempted murder of a copper. Only one (McGinn) got done for murder and his conviction got quashed (albeit after his early release under GFA) - leading to a huge cash payout. Totally unreal - a terrorist murderer actually awarded damages even though they were caught red-handed in a barn by the Hereford Gun Club with the Barrett Light 50 hidden in a horse box!

After spending the last few years in NI, I am totally and utterly devoid of any compassion for them any more. The local population could easily get rid of the paramilitaries but they simply refuse to let go of their catholic/protestant hatred. Let them rot.

The IRA and UDA are still active and the govt refuses to do anything about it. Crazy that we have government-funded drug dealers!

Phew....I'm almost out of breath with indignance. Screw it - I'll just get pissed instead!

PD

14. personally PIRA giving the real IRA a kicking at least there doing something good :lol:
    maybe get the darkside to hire them the way the spams do £500 an ear.
    theres a bloke with a hook I think could do with a vist :evil:
    and linda barker :twisted:
    the possablities are endless :lol: