Pipe Music

Trying to find some decent Pipe Music for Hogmonay.
WTF is going on. Found about 4 CDs of Regimental Pipe Bands, however every one is fcuked up by a brass band section. If I wanted to listen to glockenspiels I'd go to Germany. Thought I'd got a decent version of the Black Bear and half way through the Pipes go home and it degenerates into "Noddy goes to Toytown".

Thanks guys, will look those up.
I 've been doing some more searching on the web. The biggest offenders are the Highland Regiments themselves Must be an attempt to ensure their popularity and continued existence.
I found a web ring dedicated to the pipes and am learning more about them than I wanted to know.
I was just trying to make a tape up for new year in memory of my Dad. Will make do with what i have for the moment I'll be back in UK next month and contact the Argylles in Canterbury or Stirling - they should be able to help. Thanks again

Bliain úr faoi shéan is faoi mise duit (Happy New year to you)

MacFadyin said:
Trying to find some decent Pipe Music for Hogmonay.
WTF is going on. Found about 4 CDs of Regimental Pipe Bands, however every one is fcuked up by a brass band section. If I wanted to listen to glockenspiels I'd go to Germany. Thought I'd got a decent version of the Black Bear and half way through the Pipes go home and it degenerates into "Noddy goes to Toytown".

Mate that dose'nt work, i tried it when i first started to see if the rumors where true..

Mate the best place for pipe music is the 2 scots guards books, every tune you will ever need is in them to books.

But if you want somethin fast before new years eve I recomend BMW. Google Bagpipe Player, download it then, then Google Bagpipe Player tunes and download them. Then you will have a stupid amount of tunes, even the crap ones that the americans and Germans compose :D