Pipe bomb explodes in parked car in L/Derry

Someone getting shirty...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/foyle_and_west

A pipe bomb has exploded inside a car in the Bogside area of Londonderry.

The device was thrown through the window of the car while it was parked in Gartan Square off Westland Street in the early hours of Wednesday morning.

The car was damaged, but there were no reports of any injuries. The area was cordoned off, but has now reopened.

Sinn Féin councillor Peter Anderson condemned the attack. "A pipe bomb is a lethal device - this could be construed as attempted murder," he said.

"It obviously has the potential to kill and maim, so obviously I'm very concerned."

The police want to speak to anyone who was in the area between 0030 and 0115 GMT on Wednesday and who saw anything suspicious.

spike7451 said:
Someone getting shirty...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/foyle_and_west

A pipe bomb has exploded inside a car in the Bogside area of Londonderry.

The device was thrown through the window of the car while it was parked in Gartan Square off Westland Street in the early hours of Wednesday morning.

The car was damaged, but there were no reports of any injuries. The area was cordoned off, but has now reopened.

Sinn Féin councillor Peter Anderson condemned the attack. "A pipe bomb is a lethal device - this could be construed as attempted murder," he said.

"It obviously has the potential to kill and maim, so obviously I'm very concerned."

The police want to speak to anyone who was in the area between 0030 and 0115 GMT on Wednesday and who saw anything suspicious.
As we all know, of course, Sinn Féin has always been known for its unwavering condemnation of all those who use violence in furtherance of political aims.

It can't have exploded - we all know that everyone has given up all of their weapons and stockpiles because they told us so....

The war is over....and they won.

A pipe bomb is a lethal device
This guy's good. Perhaps he should work for an intelligence service, I mean, others do. Allegedly.

It's quite normal to hear about pipe bombs in Belfast which people mostly do not pay attention to. Dont know what to think about this.

Am I right in thinking that some areas of the bogside are still no go areas? I'm sure i read somewhere that it's still under control of the provos(read gangsters).

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
Werewolf said:
PE4rocks said:
A pipe bomb is a lethal device
This guy's good. Perhaps he should work for an intelligence service, I mean, others do. Allegedly.
You mean like Martin and Gerry - whoops! Sorry guys, my Bad! :twisted: :wink:
They must be losing their touch
Surely a nice note on House of commons note paper would have done

Or

Just a phone call like the old days

Maybe they don't need the money :wink:

a black taxi in west belfast was stopped last night and the driver had 2 hand guns one shot gun and ammo.... suggestiong the IRA are still in action.... what a suprise.

Mr Happy said:
If it only exploded this morning, how do they know it was a pipe bomb?
Because that is what ATO declared it as?

The_Cheat said:
Chuffit said:
Thrown through the window of a parked, and empty car, at night with no-one around...... Kids?
I'm with you in this one. I'm still not convinced it was a pipe bomb. Fireworks maybe?

T C
Previous attacks in that area similar to this one were intimidation attempts by RIRA and carried out against members of the DPP, Shinners, other criminals and any one else who didn't agree with them.

jasmin said:
a black taxi in west belfast was stopped last night and the driver had 2 hand guns one shot gun and ammo.... suggestiong the IRA are still in action.... what a suprise.
Well, maybe ... I know parts of Manchester where a cabbie wouldn't dare go without being tooled up.

they dont really carry weapons round here in the taxi's unless it is for paramilitary use. Most of the young men round here no not to **** over a black taxi driver because they are involved.

devilish said:
Am I right in thinking that some areas of the bogside are still no go areas? I'm sure i read somewhere that it's still under control of the provos(read gangsters).
Emphatically not true. PSNI can commute as they wish, whatever others may choose to believe.

Latest Threads