Pipe bomb explodes in parked car in L/Derry

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by spike7451, Jan 28, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Someone getting shirty...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/foyle_and_west

2. As we all know, of course, Sinn Féin has always been known for its unwavering condemnation of all those who use violence in furtherance of political aims.

3. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

If it only exploded this morning, how do they know it was a pipe bomb?

4. Yes Peter, i guessed you might know a thing or to about them

5. It can't have exploded - we all know that everyone has given up all of their weapons and stockpiles because they told us so....

The war is over....and they won.

6. This guy's good. Perhaps he should work for an intelligence service, I mean, others do. Allegedly.

7. It's quite normal to hear about pipe bombs in Belfast which people mostly do not pay attention to. Dont know what to think about this.

8. You mean like Martin and Gerry - whoops! Sorry guys, my Bad! :twisted: :wink:

9. could it of dropped out the drivers door when he parked up at work in the morning.....

10. Am I right in thinking that some areas of the bogside are still no go areas? I'm sure i read somewhere that it's still under control of the provos(read gangsters).

11. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

They must be losing their touch
    Surely a nice note on House of commons note paper would have done

Or

Just a phone call like the old days

Maybe they don't need the money :wink:

12. Thrown through the window of a parked, and empty car, at night with no-one around...... Kids?

13. An Englishman, Scotsman and Irishman decide they are going to carry out a terrorist attack...

14. I'm with you in this one. I'm still not convinced it was a pipe bomb. Fireworks maybe?

T C

15. BBC website doesn't show any pictures of the car.