PIP Regulations 2013

Discussion in 'Armed Forces Pension Scheme' started by EScotia, Mar 6, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well a quick look at it and it seem`s if your on DLA your up shit creek without a paddle, as they have done a proper stitch up job. They havent introduced any of the recommendations that the disability groups asked for.
    The only way for us with the old pension to be helped avoid all this shite is to be included in the new scheme for the AFCS05 which covers motability and care which we have more chance of getting a IDSmith telling us all he is a Nazi and hates the spackers and jews.

2. try this online test Personal Independence Payment self-assessment Benefits and Work

3. Same as i get now davewhit but lets face it that can all change depending on who`s looking at your claim form.

4. i get higher mobility middle care .......doing that link and knowing how hard they are i reckon lower lower

5. According to that online assessment I would qualify for PIP but only based on the fact that I use 'an aid or appliance' to walk, cook, bathe and shite in that I wear a prosthesis. But seeing as I got f**ked of at the high port for DLA then don't think I shall bother applying for PIP. Unless of cause I can manage to get myself from 'overweight' to 'morbidly obese' in the next few weeks.

6. PIP will carry the same right of appeal as does DLA so some of the first people who dont get PIP and appeal will be the ones setting case law as all the appeals to tribunal and upper tribunal that fine tuned DLA over the years and made some problems easier to claim for are all now going in the waste bin, as PIP is awarded on different regulations

I hope that between 2013 and 2015 when the main move starts enough people appeal to sort out some of the more serious issues in the regulations

7. Before you atempt to fill any form in or think about applying for PIP, go and see the Citizens Advice Bureaux (CAB) they will be able to help and put you on the right path.

8. Ain't necessarily so:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013/455/pdfs/uksi_20130455_en.pdf

They introduced the new Statutory Instrument, as I posted above, then on the same day published an amendment to the SI. They have included the safely, repeatedly etc but have not changed the walking distance despite saying they would look at it again!

Just to clarify all the related SI's as published yesterday:

Legislation.gov.uk

9. But most of the paper over rides that with the aids to motability like sticks/frames wheelchairs. If you can move with the use of these aids your mobile. The only way to achive highest rate on the both components is too be a vegetable or have no arms/legs and I noticed they still haven't placed without pain in the descriptions.
    They are trying to push it through with as little alterations as possible no matter what groups recommend, they have made all disabled people as spungers who need to toe the line no matter what. Dont matter if your a civvie or veteran.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

10. luckily the war pensions descriptions havent changed yet then so we can all qualify under that :p

11. Can't agree MJ. If you read the amendment (SI 2013 No 455) which adds Safely, to an Acceptable standard, Repeatedly and Within a reasonable time period, then goes on to explain what it means by these terms you can see that aids to mobility cannot over-ride the terms in the amendment.

“(4) In this regulation—

(a) “safely” means in a manner unlikely to cause harm to C or to another person, either during or after completion of the activity;

(b) “repeatedly” means as often as the activity being assessed is reasonably required to be completed; and

(c) “reasonable time period” means no more than twice as long as the maximum period that a person without a physical or mental condition which limits that person’s ability to carry out the activity in question would normally take to complete that activity.”

This may also help:

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/pip-assessment-guide.pdf

• Like Like x 1