Pioneers idea

Just a quick idea I wanted to run past you all.

These days we are seeing other arms operating as part of inf battalions - I'm thinking of r sigs personel in particular. Does anyone think that it would be an good idea to include RLC Pioneers?

As you know, we are already trained as 2nd line defensive infantry and are also trained as building tradesmen to a higher level than assault pioneers. That means that we could relieve infanteers in areas such as HQ defence and could also be called out far quicker and be able to deploy further forward than REs.

What do you think?

No.

You forgot "gay"

He's a gay cunt.
Yeah, cheers for that.

People, why don't you think it's a good idea? Better surely than relying on sappers for tasks that exceed the role of assault pioneers and HQ wallahs for special defence tasks. Pioneers can do both (and probably to a better standard) and have proved ourselves up to the job in the Ghan and Iraq, as well as in Chip.

Your basic problem trigger is that it is not a new idea. The chunks have been doing it for years.

Here's a little dit to help make your mind up. Op AGRICOLA, Cira 1999, and a RLC Pioneer Section were tasked to build a sandbag sangar outside a camp in Macedonia. After only a few days, the thing fell down and had to be rebuilt by a RE Geo Det.

Here's a little dit to help make your mind up. Op AGRICOLA, Cira 1999, and a RLC Pioneer Section were tasked to build a sandbag sangar outside a camp in Macedonia. After only a few days, the thing fell down and had to be rebuilt by a RE Geo Det.
Yeah ok. Like that happened.

Anyway, RE can't use grenades / javelin / GPMG so limited in support they can offer. Pioneers can bring that to the party.

P

PrinceAlbert

Anyway, RE can't use butt plugs, poppers, or anal fisting so limited in support they can offer. Pioneers can bring that to the man-love bukkake party.
Fixed that for you.

I came 1st in year 10 with the Javelin, and the discus.

Anyway, RE can't use grenades / javelin / GPMG so limited in support they can offer. Pioneers can bring that to the party.

It's acceptable to assume your brother chunks may not be able to work that out for themselves, I'm pretty sure most sappers could, why do you think the grenades issued to RLC pioneer units have got "do not eat" stamped on them?

I think you're on a shit windup. And why do you have "FiveAlpha, porridge_gun, jarrod, stacker, sluggy, zero_over" hidden in your opening post? You queer cunt.
He's obviously cruising for cock. I think he may be a bit mistaken somewhere though.

Just a quick idea I wanted to run past you all.

These days we are seeing other arms operating as part of inf battalions - I'm thinking of r sigs personel in particular. Does anyone think that it would be an good idea to include RLC Pioneers?

As you know, we are already trained as 2nd line defensive infantry and are also trained as building tradesmen to a higher level than assault pioneers. That means that we could relieve infanteers in areas such as HQ defence and could also be called out far quicker and be able to deploy further forward than REs.

What do you think?
I think you are mistaken.

I base this on first hand evidence of watching a pioneer search team trying to do the basic task of staying inside their cleared areas on a compound clearance on herrick.

Pretty slack pathetic drills, especially as they lost a bloke a few weeks earlier for exactly the same reason.

Wrong again.

"March on, the Chunkies!"

Latest Threads