Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by xmod, Aug 31, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi There, I have just finnished restoring an ex military Pinzgauer, military no 80 KL 99 I belive it was used in Afgahnistan.
    Can any one out there shed any light on the vehicles history, any other info on Military Pinzgauers would be appretiated.
    Many thanks, Regards xmod
  2. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

I am sure there is a Pinzgauer community at You are more likely to get help there than here, where it's just about squaddies, some of whom may have driven or maintained one and very few of whom, if any, will give a toss about the vehicle's history.
  3. If you had restored an RB44 I'd be calling you a complete twat.

To own and restore a Pinz is just, well, a bit odd. Why not a nice split screen camper van?
  4. Hi ex mod. I'm also after any info on pinzgauers. See my post in reme, RLC and 4x4 forum. I am going to work in East Africa where there are five 712 m 6x6s. If you have any info on servicing schedule, likely spares use I would find very useful. I'm surprised you didn't get any answers to your thread. Many a squaddie drove these and worked on them...I know I was one, but a long time ago. I was pleasantly surprised to see 5 pristine examples in east Africa that I will be working with. I want to be able to forecast fuel use, spares requirement repairs etc. how has yours been?
  5. You might be better placed asking this stuff over in this bit of ARRSE Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs
  6. We are getting rid of all ousr in Brigade (16AA) due to the serviceability of them -I.e. They're crap! I believe that the Brigade hold around 370.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)