Pinochet dead!

Well that's solved a problem!

I've mixed emotions about the man, but he's certainly not the worst individual to rule a country and proved a good friend to the UK when those we thought of as friends turned their backs.

Good . I hope he burns for a damn long time.

and proved a good friend to the UK when those we thought of as friends turned their backs.
Like who , and when Dozy?

B

Biscuits_AB

Cruel words PTP, cruel words indeed. There are bigger c*nts on thisplanet than he. Look at MDN the Fleetwood Ayatollah?

I understand many peoples emotions on this one...however, when all is said and done, he was a very good friend to the UK when the chips were down, and frankly a number of personnel were saved by being able to use Montevideo. We should remember that fact.
It's for the Big Man to decide his other sins now...not us!

Infiltrator said:
I understand many peoples emotions on this one...however, when all is said and done, he was a very good friend to the UK when the chips were down, and frankly a number of personnel were saved by being able to use Montevideo. We should remember that fact.
F for Geography. Thank fcuk that your RAF trade isn't navigator.

Montevideo is in Uruguay you nugget.

And Pinochet was a murdering shithead.

91 years... shame he wasn't stillborn.

No affection or sympathy for him; murdering scum are murdering scum.

Fück him and Maggie Thatcher too! Good riddance to the cünt! Much too late, in my opinion!

MsG

Infiltrator said:
would you care to explain your belief to any one of thousands of families of 'the disappeared'

If your gonna spout sh1t - make sure its accurate, or have you just watched 'battle of the River Plate' on BBC 4

the_guru said:
Infiltrator said:
F for Geography. Thank fcuk that your RAF trade isn't navigator.

Montevideo is in Uruguay you nugget.

And Pinochet was a murdering shithead.
Fair cop...sorry.

the_matelot said:
Now all we need is for Mugabe to pop his clogs..
And Thatcher. And our current leader who has distinguished himself so. Bush will kill himself off before long.

Let's hope the families of those who vanished can finally put things to rest; it's taken too long

At least Chile still boasts a military hospital he could die in. Castro next perhaps?

Always said he was a rotter - now thank fcuk - that can be taken literally. It'll make the celebrations of Castro's 50 years in power that much sweeter in January 2009. I hope Thatcher doesn't take it too badly. I know they were good muckers who used to swap policy ideas and seemed to admire each other's methods of destroying people's lives.

How very sad and unbalanced some people are. I have friends on both sides of the Chilean divide (as was). Some regard him as the saviour of the country and some regard him as a monster. They have their views but then they are Chilean.

He no doubt thought that he did what he had to do, I disagree with him but the result is a reasonably sound democracy so perhaps I am wrong.

When this country, and its rough men needed a friend he was there and doubtless saved some British lives.

He was old and his time had come, I shall not spare a tear for him, but neither do I wish him eternal damnation.