Pink slippers land colonel in hot water. Must be dress-down Friday

Discussion in 'Southern Africa' started by Whiskybreath, Nov 30, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 5e79e4b473f546fc8d933cf097c4a959.jpg

Pretoria - The air force is taking disciplinary steps against a colonel who was photographed shopping during lunch hour while wearing full uniform – and bright pink slippers.

2. No stranger to the pie counter there.

• Like Like x 2
  3. South African Defence Union national secretary advocate Pikkie Greeff said it was unacceptable that a soldier made a laughing stock of the whole army with such undisciplined behaviour.

Judging by the size of that, the pink slippers would be the last thing to make the army a laughing stock.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Carrying that weight she'd need comfortable footwear.

• Like Like x 3
  5. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

Seems to have escaped from the African soldier thread.

6. Was there a medical reason for them being worn.

7. This is the second time a SADF Col has been confused over their dress. Remember the CO who borrowed some medals. I take it this once proud and professional military now runs on more traditional tribal lines?

8. Thunderbirds are Go(bese)

• Like Like x 2
  9. BAFF (admittedly Not A Union) has never yet criticised senior officers for wearing pink slippers.

10. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Well, you need to get with the programme.

Actually, I used to work for a lovely Argyll chappie who wore a pair of embroidered Regimental slippers. To be honest, I think only when he was in mufti.

11. She's managed to make that uniform look like a sort of garage overalls /maternity wear, the out of shape disgusting mess.
    ****! the slippers are actually the best part of her ensemble.

• Like Like x 1
  12. No surprises there. I realised the final nail had been hammered into the coffin when I saw a brigadier slouching on a street corner picking his nose. If he'd had smaller hands he'd have been able to change his mind manually...

• Like Like x 2

13. The word you seek is "bovine".

• Like Like x 1
  14. In the highest traditions of Air Forces the world over...

15. Possibly similar to these, marketed by 'Shipton and Heneage':
    s-club-royal-horse-troop-600_1.jpg

...which retail at £375, making them suitable for the dimmer younger son. I don't think Lt Col Ndayi bought hers from S & H.

• Like Like x 1